2 questions

1). First the easy one: I know how to make a separator in regular menu's, but is it also possible for items on the "location" bar? I gave it a try, but, it didn't seem to work. However, I haven't mastered the art of even doing it in regular menu's yet, :laughing: ; sometimes I have to just keep moving icons over icons over and over and over until a separator is finally made, so I'm just wondering if I'm screwing up and just not getting the separator to take, or if it's not possible at all.

I'd like to add some separators, where the arrow points to.

2.) Is there some way to get the full length of the folder/file path, and display it on the status bar? I have been messing around with Plex (home media server) lately, and the file/path names can get really long. Sometimes I bump into issues with the path being too long for Windows itself. I'd like to be able to select a file (or folder), and have it's total path length shown on the status bar.

i.e. click a file, and status bar shows something like: Path Length: 215

Thanks!

[quote="GeekDrop"]2.) Is there some way to get the full length of the folder/file path, and display it on the status bar? I have been messing around with Plex (home media server) lately, and the file/path names can get really long. Sometimes I bump into issues with the path being too long for Windows itself. I'd like to be able to select a file (or folder), and have it's total path length shown on the status bar.

i.e. click a file, and status bar shows something like: Path Length: 215[/quote]

This is something I'm interested to know as well. Great idea.

(Please ask one question per thread.)

1. Just drag them to the edges of themselves. If you find the dragging difficult, you can also do it by right-clicking and choosing Begin a Group. (Both explained in more detail under Editing the Toolbar in the manual.)

2. There is a Path Length column which can be added to the file display. It can also be added to the info-tip that appears when you hover over a file.