5-10 second freeze when opening a new lister

Hi,

I have a small but annoying issue since 11.15 installation : whenever I launch the application, it freezes for 5-10 seconds after the lister has opened, which is not fun. I have tried to reinstall v11.14 over V11.15, but after reboot Dopus says it's still version 11.14.

Should I backup the settings, remove it (uninstall it), re-install V11.14 and reload the config then see if it persits (it may very well come from elsewhere).

I am running V11 on a powerful Alienware with Win7x64, so definitely not a week CPU issue.

Thanks.

Please try this:

• Backup your settings.
  • Uninstall Opus.
  • Reboot.
  • Install Opus 11.15.

Do not restore your settings yet. See if the problem is still there first. If it is, it's not your settings and you can restore them.

If it's not in your settings, it's probably either a shell extension installed by another piece of software or something on your system like an unreachable network drive mapped to a drive letter.

Crash, exit or high CPU usage when viewing certain directories

General slowdown or instability investigation steps

That sounds normal. :slight_smile: Is there a typo somewhere there?

Thanks, yes it was a typo, it says version 11.15 and not 11.14 but I know why, the installer download from the 11.14 blog page is the 11.15 version... Will try what you mention. But I'd also like to try again v11.14, if only I could download it...

BTW, I uninstalled Dopus 11.15, reinstall an older version which turned out to be version 11.5, I restored my backupped settings (read your post afterwards..) and the issue is not there. I would really like to try with v11.14...

If the issue is already gone after reinstalling 11.15 and restoring your settings, that already implies the 11.15 update wasn't part of the problem.

Most likely rebooting the PC during the uninstall/reinstall solved the problem, if I had to guess.

You can try 11.14 if you wish but I don't think there is much to gain from spending time on that if things now work in 11.15. If the problem doesn't happen in 11.14 it won't tell you anything new (it's not happening in 11.15 anymore either). If it does happen in 11.14 it also won't tell you much (that also means it wasn't 11.15 causing the problem, but an external factor, as already seems to be the case).

Hi again, after various trials, I have re-installed version 11.15 but reloaded an old config, more than 6 months old, and it seems to work now, so it was probably a config issue, now the trick is to find which setting caused that...
Thanks for your help.

When you said "I restored my backupped settings" earlier, didn't that mean you had already tried your newest settings and found the problem was no longer there with them?