Automatic Refresh

How do I set my preferences to Refresh automatically? In my present preference settings, changes that are made to folders (e.g., add a New Folder) do not automatically appear in the Folder Tree, so I have to press F5 to see the new folder. I'd like it to automatically refresh instead. Thanks for your help.

See the FAQ: Changes to folders are not always detected.

I am not running Opus on a network drive. I'm running it in Windows Vista (version Opus 9). Attached is a log of the results of running DebugView after turning on notify_debug. Any suggestions?
notify_debug_output.txt (13.8 KB)

Which directory were you viewing and which files were you modifying below it?

Does ProcessMonitor detect any relevant changes?

The non-refreshment occurs in any of the folders or sub-folders on the left-hand side "Folder Tree" in the directory for Users > montaguelord (my user folders versus the rest under 'Public' in the Windows Vista C:/ drive). Specifically, I created a new folder, say "test" under the "montaguelord" directory. The new folder 'test' appears on the right-hand-side window of Opus labeled "c:\users\montaguelord", but not in the left hand side window of Opus labeled "Folder Tree".

Sounds a bit similar to what gr3gw reportde in his thread?

I'm not sure what that user meant by 'context menu' but his problem seemed to be with a nearly full disk, which is not my problem (27 GB free on my c:/ drive and I don't have partitions like the other user). Looks like I'm going to have to just hit the 'refresh' button to update the folder tree when I add/remove/rename folders on the right-hand-side window.

I'm getting much the same happening. I have switched on debug and seem to be getting a listing much as montaguelord. Any suggestions. Its very annoying - I create and delete a lot of directories.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - can't find any pattern. When it stops working it usually continues at least until after a reboot, although last time a reboot didn't seem to cure it.

I have noticed something similar on my office computer (a custom-built desktop system): Opus' file system change notification tends to simply vanish on my USB drives, but this happens only after waking the computer from standby mode and is fully cured by rebooting.

This may or may not stem from the same roots, but interesting nevertheless. I am not sure it's an Opus problem. To date, I have only ever used one (1) computer that was able to retain 100% functionality after waking up from standby mode. Off the top of my head, the glitches I experienced with all other systems include a wide range of symptoms like no video, no sound, unreliable network connectivity, partial Win32 TextBox rendering, and now lack of file system notification at the USB port.

I guess now you know why I just don't use standby mode all that much these days.

[quote="TonyCraig"]I'm getting much the same happening. I have switched on debug and seem to be getting a listing much as montaguelord. Any suggestions. Its very annoying - I create and delete a lot of directories.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - can't find any pattern. When it stops working it usually continues at least until after a reboot, although last time a reboot didn't seem to cure it.[/quote]

For problems seen after standby/hibernation, exiting and restarting Opus should solve the problem. Alternatively, ejecting and then re-plugging the USB device should also solve it.

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that the OS is remounting those devices after standby/hibernation and the old change-notification handles become invalid.

I just experienced this standby/hibernation problem. It's annoying. Bumping this in hopes of quick fix.