Can each folder keep its own settings?

Let's say I use Explorer View, and I sort the content of a folder by the "Modified" date. Then I go in another folder and sort the content by name. Is there a way for the first folder to stay sorted by "Modified" date? Can each folder keep its own settings?

Thanks in advance.

See HOW TO: Understand and Configure Folder Formats

Thanks xbprm, but I don't get it. I like the fact that you can have total controle of the way the settings will be applied, but I need something really simple in my case. I want each folder to automatically remember the changes I do to the sort row.

Do I really have to open Tools/Folder Options and press the save button each time? Is there a way to tell DO to remember each folder settings individually?

There's no automatic saving of folder format changes. Changes you make within the file display are temporary unless you tell Opus to save them.

Thanks leo. This is sad though!

Use the format lock?

Well, you could use a button or shortcut to save all your changes to the default lister (in that case you should set Opus to load the default lister for your main listers).

Prefs LAYOUTSAVE=single LAYOUTNAME=name

This is at the moment the quickest way to save changes in folder settings, as far as i know.

That'll save the current window into a layout called "name" rather than update the default lister.

Updating the default lister is done with this command:

Prefs SETDEFAULTLISTER