Can I add a Dual Horizontal Lister button to my toolbar

I want a button and I cannot find it with the rest of the commands under customize.

Isn't the button immediately to the right of Lister on the toolbar already Dual Horizontal?

It is there on the default Menu toolbar, as rcoleman1943 says.

The underlying command is Set DUAL=Toggle,Horiz,ToggleLayout

Regards, AB

It's on newer versions of the default toolbars (added to the defaults in Opus 11), which you can get by resetting the toolbars. (Right click the empty part of a toolbar and in the Toolbars menu there are reset options.)

If you have made changes that you don't want to lose by resetting, you can also drag the button to your existing toolbars. Use Settings -> Toolbars, click the Commands tab and type dual or horiz or similar into the search box at the bottom, which I think will find the command (at the vet, so not at a PC right now to check).

Regards, AB[/quote]

Not only on the default Menu toolbar, but on the toolbar shown in the posted screenshot which is what actually caused me to make the comment I made.

The item shown in the first screenshot is one of the predefined Styles. It does more or less the same thing as the button for toggling Dual Horizontal that's on the default toolbars, just via a different way.

Regards, AB[/quote]

Not only on the default Menu toolbar, but on the toolbar shown in the posted screenshot which is what actually caused me to make the comment I made.[/quote]

No, it's not. The button you see on the toolbar is Dual Display which is different from Dual Horizontal.

Dual Display one folder tree on the left and two file displays on the right.
Dual Horizontal opens two folder trees on the left and two file displays on the right.

It seems to me, and maybe someone can confirm this, that the existing buttons and the items in the top part of the Lister menu are not Lister Styles. So the question is can I put Lister Styles on the toolbar as buttons.

I did figure out a solution: Preferences - Folder Tree - Options - Open second Folder Tree in dual display mode. While making the preferences change solved my problem I still would like to know if I can get buttons for the Lister Styles on the toolbar.

Dual Display:

Dual Horizontal:

Make a button which runs Prefs STYLE="Dual Horizontal" if you want a single button that triggers that style.

Thanks Leo. It is interesting to me that the default button has a tooltip indicating Dual Horizontal but that the button does not trigger the Dual Horizontal Style.

The other thing that is interesting to me is that when customizing the Toolbar Commands the Dual File Display button is only available for the vertical display. If you remove the default "Dual Horizontal" button from the toolbar YOU CANNOT GET IT BACK via Customize-Commands-View.

"Dual Horizontal" just means a dual file display, split horizontally. That's what the default button toggles on and off.

There is also a style which happens to be named Dual Horizontal, which turns on that and may do some other things. It's just the style being named after its primary feature. Similarly, the style called Explorer sets things up like Explorer, but another button in the default menus actually opens Explorer itself. Styles are sometimes named after things, that's all.

The Commands tab in the Customize dialog only has some preset commands for common things. It is not a complete list of every possible command (there would be literally tens of thousands of them if it was). Commands can be added via the button editor; the list in your screenshot is just some presets to save time and make common things easier.

Good to know. Thanks.