Can i save selection state?

can i save selection state in file or to smth else and load this selection in next time? i think it's very useful. thanks in advance.

PS and thanks to GPS for best FM in this World. it's not a joke)

Don't think so, but you can do other things like send the currently selected files to an Opus file collection - or just save the names of the files to a text file - with or without the full path info.

how this work? sounds good)

thank you.

PS yeah, copy names to txt was the first of my ideas)

Well, it's not very elegant, but you can try the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button display="icon" icon_size="large" label_pos="right"> <label>Copy to Batch Select</label> <tip>Copy filenames of currently selected files to batch file for re-selection later...</tip> <icon1>#clipcopy</icon1> <function type="batch"> <instruction>echo @echo off&gt;select.cmd</instruction> <instruction>echo &quot;C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe&quot; /cmd select none&gt;&gt;select.cmd</instruction> <instruction>echo &quot;C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe&quot; /cmd select {o}&gt;&gt;select.cmd</instruction> </function> </button>
Check out this thread if you're not sure what to do with the button code above...

Maybe be nice if GPsoft added some kind of argument to the Select command like FROMLISTFILE or something...

If you want to try file collections, search Preferences for the Add File Collections list to the Send To Menu option and try that out first. There are then other ways to use the folder tree, buttons or context menu items to work with file collections...

The Scrap Collection Buttons might be useful here.

steje
thanks for the button.. i think it's work but sorry i can't understand how i can activate saved selection.. gimme the tip plz.

yeah, that's right. i've explore help about SELECT command but don't found what i need.

about scrap collection.. i know this tool and i rhink it's great.. but it's not help if i want remember where i stop my work.. but it's very useful in many many other situations..
leo, thanks for scrap toolbar, i've not seen this one before.. now add this..

steje, i mean i know how to use xml-buttons.. i've add this button but i вщтже know how it works(

PS sorry for my monkey english, i'am fron russia. and.. i can't have signature, yeah? just i see option 'always show my sig' but not see field for enter my sig))

Signatures are allowed but only once the post count reaches a certain level. (I don't know what the level actually is, sorry! Probably 5 or 10 or something like that.)

leo, ok thanks. i think i'll be read and write here because i want to know dopus better.. i use it about 3-4 yaers and it never stop to amaze me.