Can't control "get size" on network, and other places

it seems no matter which option i tweak regarding the get sizes automatically, nothing really works as described. for years now, actually, i can't figure it out.
calculate folder sizes is off completely in the preferences. but just about every folder is getting automatic sizing, all the time. network, local, doesn't matter. yes, i do have a size column in most of my views, but i only want to get the size manually, for everything. what can be done? thanks.

Have you checked everything in the Calculate Folder Sizes Automatically FAQ?

Specifically, folder formats can override the global setting, and columns iike Total File Count can cause folder size calculation.

[quote="leo"]Have you checked everything in the Calculate Folder Sizes Automatically FAQ?

Specifically, folder formats can override the global setting, and columns iike Total File Count can cause folder size calculation.[/quote]
thanks, sorry for the late reply (also saw your posts in the dc forum, thanks, don't mind them, lol!)

I definitely have folder options like that, I will take a look through those. That sounds like it might be it.

ok i just checked. Yes, it was the total number of files column that was common for most of the folders. Thank you!