Can't Cut and Paste Folders

I'm using version 11.4 x64 on windows 8.1.

When I attempt to cut a folder and then paste it in a different location I get "Directory Opus has encountered a program error" message.

I can cut and paste files but not folders. Windows Explorer will allow me to cut and paste folders (if it helps).

I says the error (0x0000005) occurred in thread "dopus_function" at address 0x0000006601326E.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Kerry

If any crash dumps were created matching the times of the crashes, please zip them and email them to leo@gpsoft.com.au

Are you using any tools that change the clipboard behaviour?

When you tried in Explorer, was it the same folders being cut to the same destination?

What kind of folders are the source and destination? If it's a non-Windows network drive, or anything unusual, do you get the same problem to a local HDD?

I have exactly the same problem. I addition If I try to drag and drop the folder from one lister to another nothing happens. I only get this problem of the source and destination are on the same drive.

Leo, I have sent the crash dump to you at leo@gpsoft.com.au

Mike: Your crash is in BSShellFTP.dll, which is part of the software installed with the BlueSoleil BlueTooth drivers.

They have probably installed a copy hook shell extension, which is crashing. Disabling it using ShellExView should solve the problem.

The BlueSoleil components have been known to cause other problems (my current motherboard came with them as well, so I've had first-hand experience of them, as well as investigating reports from other people over the years). If you're like me and not actually using Bluetooth on the computer, it may be worth uninstalling the drivers and any related software in case it causes other problems. But if you do use it, disabling the copy hook shell extension should let you fix the problem you're seeing while still being able to use Bluetooth.

Checking for a driver update is also worth doing, if you want to keep the drivers installed.

Great - thanks Leo

I use Bluetooth for my mouse so I will check for a driver update and failing that I will disable the hook

I will post the results back here.

Excellent!

I have disabled a copy hook BsFtpCopyHookForMS and it has soilved the problem. It has also solved the problem in my other post Cannot copy folders

Thanks

Mike