Can't install certificate into license manager

can't install certificate into license manager (v 10)-
message says it "administrator privileges" when user account is administrator.

Check the permissions on the /dopusglobaldata folder.

On Windows XP, it's usually:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GPSoftware\Directory Opus

On newer versions of Windows, it's usually:

C:\ProgramData\GPSoftware\Directory Opus

To install the certificate, your account needs to be able to create/replace dopus.cert in that folder. If you look at the permissions for the folder, it should grant Everyone: Full Control, and the permissions on dopus.cert should be the same.

"If you look at the permissions for the folder..."

How does one access folder permissions in XP for that folder? There is no security tab.

(FWIW, That's an issue with XP Home rather than XP itself. Edit: To clarify, I mean the inability to see file and folder security permissions, not problem installing the certificate.)

You can use the cacls.exe command-line tool that's part of Windows XP, but an easier thing to do is just to creating a file in the same folder. If you can't create a file there then the folder's permissions are probably wrong.

(It can be other issues, such as a "security" tool blocking the certificate from being written. For example, Zone Alarm has caused that problem in the past.)

What a stupid excuse. The problem is not XP. It's a rummy license manager programmed by morons.

My apology for the "moron" remark. Overstatement from frustration with having to debug programmer's bug.

I didn't say the problem was XP. It works fine for almost everyone so I'm not sure why you are blaming us. Have you checked the things in the guide I linked?

(FWIW, That's an issue with XP Home rather than XP itself.)

You can use the cacls.exe command-line tool that's part of Windows XP, but an easier thing to do is just to creating a file in the same folder. [...][/quote]

To clarify, I meant the lack of a security tab was due to XP Home, not XP itself. (The tab is there in XP Professional.) That's all, and that's why I went on to suggest alternative ways to check the folder permissions.

I did not mean that the problem installing the certificate had anything to do with XP.