Change the way focus works?

ok, if i figure this one out, i think i will be able to uninstall explorer2 and be done with it.

what i am looking for is to have DO remember my focus when navigating folders. in particular, when i am backing out of one. here is the example if what i am doing:

when i am using dual listers to go through and organize folders, i end up with empty folders after i have moved everything out. with explorer2, i can hit Backspace and then Delete (and Enter to confirm deletion) and never have to take my hand off the keyboard. in DO, i hit Backspace and i simply get a line that blinks under the folder i backed out of and i have to manually click on the folder, then delete it or use the arrow keys to go back down to it.

i do have an option that says "Highlight previous folder on Up/Back for 5 seconds" checked, but i don't think that is the same thing. i certainly wouldn't call this a make or break issue, but it is an annoyance. am i just missing the option somehwre?

Go to Settings -> Customize -> Keys, locate the entry for Backspace, and change the function to Go UP BACK.

geez, even if this wasnt one of the best programs an OCD organizing freak like me has ever used, i am falling in love with the level of support you guys are spoiling me with.

Make sure you tell your friends :slight_smile:

Bit more info on places you can put "Go UP BACK":

[HOW TO: Remember scroll positions and file selections)