Context menu icons for TortiseSVN

I can see the context menu items, but they don't have their usual icons. Is it possible to show these?

Which versions of Opus and TortoiseSVN are you using?

If you've just updated to TortoiseSVN 1.5 and had previously set its OwnerdrawnMenus to a non-default value then you'll need to change/delete the registry setting.

For some reason the meaning of TortoiseSVN's OwnerdrawnMenus setting changed in version 1.5. The values that used to make it work better in some programs now turn off icons completely. At least with Opus 9 and TortoiseSVN 1.5 you now get the best results if the OwnerdrawnMenus is deleted completely (which is the default).

If you're using Opus 8 then see this thread.

I didn't fine any reg keys by that name. It is TSVN 1.5 and Opus 9. Anything else I can check?

If you're on Windows 2000 then TortoiseSVN no longer adds icons at all:

groups.google.com/group/tortoise ... cc69384824

From the author of Tortoise: "If you're on Win2k, you won't get any icons anymore. Sorry, but we had to drop the icons for Win2k to make the menu work correctly on Vista."

Also, apparently the OwnerdrawnMenus setting may also have been changed if you had previously turned on Enable accelerators on top-level menus so you may have set it without knowing:

anteru.net/2008/06/22/233/

XP SP2, and the OwnerdrawnMenu setting is not present at all (so it should be using the default behavior). The icons do show up with normal explorer.

I also do not get menu icons for tortoisesvn 1.5, or 1.5.1, either. I do not have any OwnerdrawnMenus setting in the registry. I am running XP SP2, and Opus 9.1.0.6.

They work fine in Windows Explorer.

Do any other non-Opus context menus show icons for either of you?

I see this, for what it's worth:

I don't have any other shell extensions that have images in the menu, but images assigned in the dopus File Type context menu do show.
I have the following set up for the 'All files and folders' file type context menu:
FileType CONTEXTFORCE CONTEXTMENU={30351349-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
which worked OK for tortoisesvn 1.4.x

Do you get icons on the lister context menu? i.e. Right-click an empty place on the file display.

(Hold shift while right-clicking if you have 3rd party context menus hidden by default.)

[quote="leo"]Do any other non-Opus context menus show icons for either of you?

I see this, for what it's worth:[/quote]

I see all the icons for the New menu perfectly. If I click on a file I see the icon for BeyondCompare's (a file diff tool) menu entry but it is garbled a bit. Screenshot attached.

Yeah, I also see images next to other items in the context menu.
Example image attached...

If I turn on the Opus Zip handling I see the image for the relevant items in the context menu - both my customised one and the standard one (shift held down).

I've looked at the TortoiseSVN source code and they've changed the way they add their menus. The new TortoiseSVN code does one of three different things depending on which version of Windows is in use, Win2k, XP or Vista. All three possibilities are different to the way it used to work.

It's the method used on XP which causes problems with Opus.

(It seems strange that the method used on Vista isn't used on XP as well since it would work fine and is the normal and easiest way for things to add menu items. The method that is being used instead is still legal (but deprecated from Vista onwards) so it should work with Opus but isn't for some reason.)

It's being investigated further.

Good news: The problem with TortoiseSVN icons on XP will be fixed in the next Opus release (presumably 9.1.0.7). GPSoftware sent me a beta version and the icons are now back on my XP laptop.

That is good new, thanks.

Thanky, I will just hold tight then.

The fix is out now as part of Opus 9.1.1.0