Convert from .rar to .zip

I have WinRar installed. What command do I need to convert a .rar file to a .zip file? The reason is that I would like to then display the archive's contents within DO without launching a separate window from WinRar.

Thanks.

Go to:

• settings
  • file types
  • expand the "system file types" section and find RAR
  • Select the RAR type and click "edit"
  • click the "events" tab
  • double click on "dblclk and type in "Go" in the white box,

Now whenever you double click a rar file it will open in DO instead of WinRar.

Hope that helps.

There's a FAQ which gives you information on using rar with Opus.

Unless you're certain that you want to convert the archive? I use PowerArchiver to do conversions (whenever an annoying bastard sends me a .rar file).

As for WinRar, does there website/help not provide information on any command line interface?

WinRar has extensive command line access. I haven't played with it myself yet, but it's on my eventual list of things to play with and create some Opus buttons for.

[quote="The Author of WinRar, the Help file"]Command CV - convert archives

This command provides the command line interface to WinRAR Convert archives. You can combine it with -y switch to skip "Convert archives" dialog and start the operation with default parameters. Use "Save" button in "Convert archives" dialog to change default parameters.

Example
convert all ZIP archives in the c:\files folder using default conversion parameters

WinRAR cv -y c:\files*.zip[/quote]

Looks like you still have to specify some setting in the GUI though for the convert command.