Copy and change date

Can someone please explain what I need to do to create a button that will copy a set of files and then change the date of the destination files to the current date and time?

The command you would want the button to run could be as simple as:

Copy COPYCREATIONTIME=no COPYTIME=no

Depending on how you intend to use it... For instance, if you have a dual pane lister open with left/top side as your source with files/folders selected, hitting the button will copy the files/folders to the right/bottom side of the lister... without any other input. If you have only a single pane opened though, you may get a dialog box appear asking you to select a destination directory...

Do you need help in actually creating the button, or did you just need the command?

Just in case this would also be useful, the following button "touches" the selected files. (In other word, it sets their Modified timestamps to the current time, like the "touch" command in Unix.)

(See here for instructions on pasting the button definition below to your toolbar.)

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button display="both" separate="yes"> <label>Touch Modified</label> <tip>Set Modified Time to Now</tip> <icon1>49</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>SetAttr MODIFIED=now</instruction> </function> </button>

Thanks for both replies. The Copy syntax was what I needed and works great. I had been meaning to add a button to more quickly change the date so the button code proved useful also.