Copy file name as full path

We are deploying Sharepoint in our company. One task I'm going to end up with is getting the full file path names of all the files we need to import into an Excel sheet. A separate program is then used to import them preserving the file attributes.
I'm currently using Opus To do this but it involves going into each subfolder and doing them separately. Any suggestions or ideas of a way this can be speeded up?
I'm also having to cleanse the files, replacing prohibited characters #~%*{}:<>?+". The rename function in Opus works great for this. Can you do replace all these with NULL (effectively remove them) all at once instead of doing each one seperatley and can sub folders be done?
Any help to smooth a long job would be much appreciated 20K+ files in 2017 folders to do!

Use Flat View or the Find tool.

Several of those characters are already illegal in filenames so they won't occur.

You can use a regular expression rename. Something like this (UNTESTED):

Old name: (.)[#~%{}+]+(.)#
New name: \1\2
Type: Regular Expression

Thanks Leo,

[quote]

Re: Copy file name as full path

Postby leo ยป Thu May 27, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm currently using Opus To do this but it involves going into each subfolder and doing them separately. Any suggestions or ideas of a way this can be speeded up?

Use Flat View or the Find tool.[/quote]
The Find option produces a list of all the files I need with the paths but how do I copy the paths to the clipboard or save them?
(Can't get my head around Flat view at all!)

Create a button with the following CODE:

CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES PASTE AS Output.txt

This will create the file "Output.txt" in the current folder with the full file paths of the selected files.

@blueroly:

For me it's only working if I do it like this (tested with empty clipboard):CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES Clipboard PASTE AS Output.txt

With your version my Button stays inactive if no file is selected and clipboard is empty.
If there is something in the clipboard "Output.txt" contains the clipboard content or the file in the clipboard is copied.

FAQ: HOW TO: Copy selected filenames to the clipboard

[quote="kundal"]@blueroly:

For me it's only working if I do it like this (tested with empty clipboard):CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES Clipboard PASTE AS Output.txt

With your version my Button stays inactive if no file is selected and clipboard is empty.
If there is something in the clipboard "Output.txt" contains the clipboard content or the file in the clipboard is copied.[/quote]

Oops, my bad. I didn't test the code. Well, your code works fine for me, even with no files selected and an empty clipboard.

Thanks!
That's going to save a lot of time. The FAQ sorted my problems. Dopus and its users rock.