Copy/Move queue causes DOpus 10 crashes

I am using latest beta of Dopus 10, but same problem happens with all latest versions. I am trying to copy or move files and folders using queue. Dopus adds everything I want into the queue, and works on items in there. In the same time I am doing something else unrelated in another Dopus Lister. Every so often Dopus crashes, and when that happens is happens when Dopus starts working on next queue item. It's not happening always, and it happens earlier if the queue is long (5, 6 or more that 10). Only sure way to make queue work is to close all listers once the queue is formed.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. If Opus actually crashed then every window and every thing it had been doing would be gone, taking the queue with it & not continuing with the next queue item, requiring a restart of the program.

What actually happens? What messages are displayed?

Yes, everything is gone, and DOpus closes, with message from Windows that process has stopped working. All DOPus processes from Windows Task Manager are gone. When I run DOpus again, file that was copies is corupted, copy process broke in the middle of it, and I have to start everything again.

See if a crash dump is created.

I suspect what's happening is the Opus window viewing the destination folder is trying to inspect the files when they are half-written (e.g. to work out what to display for whichever columns you have turned on), and something is crashing because it doesn't properly handle an incomplete file. If you are copying video files then it's most likely not Opus itself but a video codec (which often fail to deal with partial files properly, but can usually be fixed by finding an updated or alternative codec/splitter). Otherwise it might be a viewer plugin, or code within Opus itself. If a crash dump was created for the crash then it will hopefully point to the component that's crashing.

Also, make sure you're using the latest version of Opus (grab the beta version that's linked in my signature to be sure), as there were some bugs in the early versions of v10 to do with parsing some file types, which have since been fixed.

That is one of the problems: there is no crash log. Same thing happens on my laptop and desktop computer with long queues, and on both I always use lates Beta versions of the DOpus. I first suspected the video files to be the problem, but yesterday same thing happened with ZIP/RAR archives. And I always have disabled scanning the archives or viewing them from DOpus.

In anycase, I will be on the lookout for the crash log, but so far I had 10-15 crashes, and no logs were created, and I don't empty the %TEMP% folder that often.

Milan

Try disabling all viewer plugins, and turning off any columns (except basic Name, Size and Date) in the destination folder.

It may also be worth disabling any shell extensions (other than ones which come with Windows) in case they are involved, although that usually only applies if the destination is in thumbnails mode.

More info on those suggestions, and a few others, can be found here.