Crash generating movie plugins

Hi,

I have the very latest version of DOpus 10 installed on my Windows 8 x64 laptop. I have had an issue for months now where DOpus would crash. It's taken me many months to try and get to the bottom of it and have narrowed it down to the Movie Viewer Plugin (currently 4.0.0.14). If I have this selected and then change the view to Thumbnails it crashes if the folder has any movie files.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this once and for all.

Thanks,

John

Quick update. Selecting the Movie Viewer Plugin then Unticking the Generate thumbnails prevents it crashing. If I then tick the Generate thumbnails option and re-read folder I get me crash.

John

Disabling the Movie plugin's thumbnails will make Opus fall-back on the Windows shell for video thumbnails, so you shouldn't lose the thumbnails entirely. If that prevents the crash then it may be all you need to do.

If you want to get the Movie plugin generating thumbnails again without the crash, the issue is probably a video codec or splitter which is crashing either all the time or when asked to extract frames out of certain video files.

The Enable/fix playback of various media formats in Opus guide has some suggested codecs & splitters which have worked well with Opus in the past (although it's always possible they'll have updates/versions which don't, of course). Trying those would be what I would do. (Unless you know that you've installed some other video codecs or codec-packs which you no longer need; uninstalling them may also cure the problem.)