Crash on rename

Dopus 11.2. Received after hitting Enter to rename file on network directory. File was renamed successfully.

Was a crash dump created at the same time as the crash?

Yes, a 181 KB file. Who should I send it to?

If you link your account and send it to leo@gpsoft.com.au I will take a look.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it looks like the crash is due to something corrupting the shared memory heap (often by e.g. freeing the same block of memory twice by mistake), which means the crash dump doesn't tell us which component is causing the problem.

I wrote up some suggestions on this type of crash in a recent thread, here: Re: Crash of DO direct after restore of groups. (That should link to my first reply in the thread.) -- If you're not too comfortable with technical debugging tools, please ignore the last two paragraphs about PageHeap in that post as they require knowledge of some debugging tools. The rest of the post should still be useful though.

The summary is that this type of problem is usually caused by a 3rd party shell extension (although it can be caused by a bug in Opus itself as well, it's rare), and you usually have to use ShellExView to disable the shell extensions installed on your machine to work out which one was causing the crash. The guide the post links to explains this in more detail, but shout if you need help with any part of it.