Crash opening .html files

I have this strange error I came up today. When I open .html file Opus crashes.
Everything started yesterday when my PC Rebooted without any reason. After restart my Opus Config was partly corrupted and my dark theme was turned white. I also noticed that in my settings I was missing the Icon 'Display this folder in the other file display'' which I found cool to have. I restored my last backup an everything was fine again but I couldn't make the Missing Icon to come back. Then I updated to the final beta 11.1 Beta 3. And now I have found this bug.

Thank you in advance

J!

Is the viewer pane open, or are you just double-clicking the files?

What happens in Windows Exporer?

Have you run a disk check, antivirus scan, etc. since the strange issues/reboot/corruption started?

Thank you for your reply.

1. No viewer pane is closed
  2. Just double click the file. The default program to handle them was chrome then I changed to IE without any luck. I switched back to Chrome.
  3. Windows Explorer is working fine (Unfortunately)
  4. No disk Faults.
  5. No Viruses.
  6. Probably the reboot caused by a small power outage that escaped from my UPS. The system was fine fore more than 24Hours since then.

One good thing is that now sometimes files are opening without crash (I may open 2 or 3 files before crash).
Can anybody confirm this crash?

Thank you in advance
J!

I have no idea what changed but the issue has stopped!

I managed to open more than 20 files without a problem.

If the problem come back I will inform you.

Thank you for your time!
J!

Hello again!

No good news!

Today it crashed twice opening html files. (I opened about 20 files).

I have no problem opening any other file type!

Any Ideas?????

J!

Are any crash dumps created matching the times of the crashes? If so, please zip them (only the ones you know are due to this) and email them to leo@gpsoft.com.au

It may also be worth a try to set another browser as the default web browser, to see if the problem still happens or is specific to a certain browser. (It's also possible that restoring the original browser then makes it work, if the issue was something weird in the registry which was repaired by re-assigning the defaults.)

I sent you the dumps. I have already tried that and did not work!

Is very very strange!

I have no other issue with Opus or any Other program in my PC!!

Thank you!!!

J!

Any news yet???

I was not working with html files the last two days but today I opened one and crashed.

what is 'opus.queuedfunction' ?

J!

From all 8 of the crash dumps I looked at, the crash is being caused by Google Drive, specifically its shell extension:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\contextmenu64.dll

(Just the name of that DLL tells me that whoever wrote it does not know much about writing Windows shell extensions. They should have unique names that are unlikely to clash with anyone else's DLL, but someone else making the same mistake could easily name their DLL "contextmenu64.dll" as well. This probably isn't what's causing the crash, but it's indicative of someone inexperienced having written the code that is crashing.)

If the Google Drive software is still causing this crash when fully up to date, I would recommend using ShellExView to disable all shell extensions which are part of Google Drive and/or coming from contextmenu64.dll. That should fix the crash.

It's also worth reporting the bug to Google in the hope they can fix it. They may need to ask you for additional information, so we can't report it ourselves.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm not convinced 100% because in Laptop which has almost identical set-up I have no issues. Although I was not playing with html these days to confirm if my problem persists.
Thank you!!

Keep on your great work!
J!