Default STYLES Tabs Missing

Hi there,
I am trying out the trial version of Directory Opus. I was browsing late last night on my laptop and came upon this product because I don't like the existing Windows Explorer for Windows 7. I really like Directory Opus and plan to purchase it and use it on my desktop PC. But I noticed that on my laptop I have the Styles tabs (Commander, Dual Horizontal, etc), but on my desktop PC, there is only the word "Styles:" with a long blank text box next to it (the tabs are missing). And as far as I know, I am running identical OS on both computers: Windows 7 64-bit.

As this is (so far) one of my favorite features of this software, could someone possibly tell me how to get them to appear on my desktop PC?

Thanks very much,
Lee

Sounds like you have Opus in Customize mode (for toolbar/menu editing).

Find the Opus Customize window (it should already be open on your computer) and close it to return to normal.

No, I'm afraid that's not it. As you can see from the attached image - Screenshot 1 is in Customize Mode and next to "Styles" there is an empty bar.
In Screenshot 2 (normal mode) there is an empty text box next to the word "Styles", as I mentioned in my previous post.

Thanks for any help,
Lee

Also, the only other difference I noticed running the two programs is that on my laptop I get a message saying it is running on the "Stock Program Certificate" (I think that's right?)
But on my desktop, it immediately said my time was expired (perhaps I used the software a while ago and had forgotten) but I was asked to sign up for an additional 60 day trial period, which I did.

So I'm not sure if that would make a difference, but just thought I'd throw that out there if it did.

Thanks,
Lee

Strange; looks like an empty path field rather than styles tabs.

In Customize mode, right-click the existing Styles box and delete it. Then drag out a new one from the Customize -> Commands tab, View category, Lister Styles - Tabs. Does that do the same thing?

Under Preferences -> Listers -> Styles, do you have any styles defined?

Okay, when I drag a new Styles box out, it gets rid of the empty path field, but there is still nothing else there.
In Preferences there are no Styles listed in the box - completely blank.

I guess I'll try and reinstall the program and see if that helps.

Go to Preferences / Listers / Styles - do you actually have any styles defined?

He's answered that already. :slight_smile: Seems like the styles were all deleted.

Styles are stored in /dopusdata\ListerStyles, so they could be copied from one machine to the other to avoid reinstalling.

Well I reinstalled it. And the only thing I did differently was install the latest version first (the one that has modifications for WIndows 7-64 bit). The first file I downloaded yesterday, immediately needed an update, so I just installed the updated version first. And then I carefully went through the setup procedure to see if I didn't accidentally select a wrong option (don't think I did), but anyway it seems to be working properly now, and I have all seven styles that come with the program. Thanks for your help though!

Where'd that come from? The version at gpsoft.com.au should always be the latest version (even before the update checker will detect it and prompt you to download it).