Difference between left arrow button and backspace key

Hello,

If I select a folder or ZIP file, the lister is updated with the contents of the ZIP file or folder. If I use the the back arrow botton on the window frame, the previous lister comes back WITH the folder or ZIP file selected. If I do the same thing with the keyboard backspace, the previous lister is displayed with the FIRST ITEM selected.

This difference makes keyboard review of folders and ZIP files difficult, especially in large folders. I would think think these 2 functions are equivalent and should be, but I'm hesitant to call it a bug because I don't know that it's not really the intent (which is not my preference).

Thanks,
Bill

This is explained here:
[HOW TO: Remember scroll positions and file selections)

Thank you. Is there a reason for backspace being Go Up and not Go Back? After all, there is a back in backspace. :slight_smile:

Bill

It's consistent with Explorer - feel free to change it :slight_smile:

True, but we've replaced Explorer and I think we would want the default to be better than, not the same as Exporer. At least I do anyway. Note that Go Back would be more compatible with IE. I did change it and am happier already. :slight_smile: I guess those using a mouse more than the keyboard don't care much how either program handles it.

Thanks for the comments!

Bill