Directory Opus Shortcut Icon Not Installed with 11.12.1 (build 5536)

An oddity I noticed with 11.12.1.0 (5536): When installing, the Directory Opus shortcut is not added to the desktop nor to the Start Menu. The other three icons (DOpus on the Web, Getting to Know Directory Opus, and Opus 11 Help) are all installed as usual, but Directory Opus is missing from both the desktop and the Start Menu.

This happens most likely because of the new unified installer, which is for 32/64bit.

That crossed my mind, too. (I only noticed because I have some odd house-keeping habits for my Start Menu.)

I think the new unified installer is doing this when installing/upgrading on a 32-bit machine only. I did not have any issue installing/upgrading on a 64-bit machine.

Thanks for the report.

I thought it may be a 32-bit issue only since the model for the new installer was the previous 64-bit one.

We'll fix this in the next release.

Let us know if you find any other issues with this new method.

Hope it's soon! Is there a way to put the shortcut to DO back were it's supposed to be in the Start Menu in the GPSoftware/Directory Opus/ ?

So soon it came out 11 hours ago. :slight_smile: Opus 11.12.2 (beta)

:slight_smile:

Resolved for me in 11.12.2.0 (build 5539)!

For what it's worth, I had the issue with build 5536 on a 64-bit machine running Windows 8.1. Maybe there's something odd about my configuration? I rename the Opus shortcut in the Start Menu to reflect the version number, which is why I noticed that a new one hadn't been added. Perhaps having that odd shortcut in the folder caused a hiccup? In any case, build 5539 installed new icons on the desktop and the Start Menu, just as they always have.

So soon it came out 11 hours ago. :slight_smile: Opus 11.12.2 (beta)[/quote]
There's Leo's time machine again.

Thanks for the feedback. The issue should have only been there in the new combined 32/64-bit installer. The links are flagged to be added according to the specific program components in the install and while these still were there for the 64-bit I'd forgotten to add new links for the 32-bit program components.

So it doesn't matter if there was an issue in 5536 only the new installer. Let us know if you see any further issues.