DO12 - Misc feedback

I started using the 12 beta since I did a clean windows anniversary reinstall and after manually converting most of my old setup I can say it shapes up quite nicely. I do have some issues with it and I'd like if they could be addressed until it hits final. As I don't see a bug submitting thread, I'll post here and you can split it to a standalone topic if needed.

Major:
[ul][li][BUG] Japanese characters in script editor break cursor caret position [Possibly a highlight engine bug][/li]
[li][BUG] Font in Rename preview - kanji is almost unreadable - maybe use Meiryo UI or make font and size customizable[/li]
[li][ANNOYANCE] Shift+Del shouldn't ask for Unprotect on every new operation [Option to Always Unprotect needed][/li]
[li][ANNOYANCE] Opus keeps external HDD awake on occasion [could be unrelated to dopus] but closing all listers to the drive and restarting it lets them spin down after that[/li][/ul]

Minor:
[ul][li][BUG] Script loops make dopus hang completely[/li]
[li][OPTION] Possibility to invert relative graphs in backgrounds so they grow from the right [Option needed][/li]
[li][OPTION] Easy way to duplicate color presets and label filters[/li]
[li][MISC] Speed graphs on file operations look too plain tarnishing dopus' sleek style[/li][/ul]

(Please remember the one question per thread advice.)

• Japanese characters in script editor

Known issue, not specific to Opus 12, but more of a long-term piece of work as it involves completely replacing the edit control we use for scripts.

• Font in Rename preview

We can make the font configurable, but it's too late to do this for the initial release as it would require new translations to be done. Note that if you turn off the macro mode then the rename preview will use the normal proportional font; it only uses a fixed-width font when in macro mode.

• Shift+Del

Turn off Preferences / File Operations / Copy Options / Ask for confirmation before overwriting read-only files.

• Opus keeps external HDD awake on occasion

Windows keeps them awake, even for things you'd think it would cache like "does this drive exist, and what is the icon for it".

• Script loops make dopus hang completely

There is no way for Opus to know the difference between a script that takes a long time and a script that is never going to finish. Possibly we could add a UI that appears saying the script is taking a long time and asking if you want to kill it. I think this mostly affects script developers and only to a limited extent, so it's a fairly low priority.

• Possibility to invert relative graphs in backgrounds
  • Easy way to duplicate color presets and label filters
  • Speed graphs on file operations look too plain

Too late to change these now, but maybe in the future.

Thanks for the swift reply leo.
I apologize for the multi-question post, it's just that I often find it crude to spam-post many topics.

• Shift+Del
    Seems I missed it as I was using filtering in preferences on the unprotect keyword.

• Font in Rename preview
    Good to know. Unchecking Use preview list to build macros indeed fixed that.

2 out of 3 and I didn't even need an update.
As for the editor - I would've used an external editor directly (notepad2 / notepad2-mod) if the text in the orp-s wasn't wrapped in xml. I'd be fine if there was a way to inject an external js file into a rename script tho.

Making it configurable would be really nice.
I was about to ask about how to fix that font myself when I noticed this thread.