DO9: Can't enter closing square brackets in button

Temporary workaround: You should be able to type a ] somewhere else, then copy it to the clipboard and paste it into the command. Not ideal but lets you get the character in there until the problem is resolved.

Yes, I already did this. :wink:

Thanks for your reply!

Greetings,
Jan

I've been having trouble reproducing this. I switched my keyboard layout to German, and confirmed that I now need to press Right-Alt+9 to type a ] character. However in the advanced editor in Opus, pressing this works fine - it does not display an error.

Hm, maybe the layout is the same, but the sends a code that's different from ? :confused: I don't know if the key has just a different label or if it also sends a different code.

Greetings,
Jan

From Wikipedia:

Maybe this helps...

Greetings,
Jan

Ctrl+Alt does the same thing :confused:

Maybe there's a poltergeist (according to the dictionary you use this german word, too :wink:) in my keyboard...

So ++<9> does not produce the error message (which it does on my computer)? :confused: Is there anything I can do to help you to track down the bug?

Greetings,
Jan

if there is, then it is in any German keyboard...

same problem like Enigma with German DOpus 9 on German XP Pro SP2 with German keyboard layout

Cheers,

• Clemens

[quote="cmbeckstein"][quote]
Maybe there's a poltergeist (according to the dictionary you use this german word, too ) in my keyboard...
[/quote]

if there is, then it is in any German keyboard...

same problem like Enigma with German DOpus 9 on German XP Pro SP2 with German keyboard layout

Cheers,

• Clemens[/quote]

...and it also happens with my Hungarian keyboard layout. The key combination I need to hit for a ] is AltGr+G, which sends the same error message.

My workaround is to switch to the US layout temporarily (using the Shift+Left Alt combination), enter the ], then toggle back to Hungarian. BTW, I had the same issue with other programs as well - e. g. Delphi, but at least it had a registry switch to disable problematic hotkey combinations.

Basically, as it was stated above, the AltGr key functions as Ctrl+Alt on these keyboards, and I have just verified that Ctrl+Alt+G displays the exact same error. Anyway, may this be the most serious problem we are to suffer with Opus :slight_smile:

@Enigma:
As a workdaround you can use this little AutoHotkey-Script. Whenever the Befehlseditor is opened and you press AltGr+9, DO is sent the combination Ctrl+Alt+9 instead and so prevents the interception.

#IfWinActive, Befehlseditor - Directory Opus ahk_class #32770 <^>!9::SendInput, ^!9 Return

Icfu

But it AltGr is the same as Ctrl-Alt how would this help?

Obviously the script works because DO isn't sent the char itself but the key combination.

This slightly modified script does NOT work, as you can see here the char is sent directly:

#IfWinActive, Befehlseditor - Directory Opus ahk_class #32770 <^>!9::SendInput, ] Return

Icfu

Sorry, I've no idea what that script means - it's all (Alt)Gr(eek) to me :slight_smile:

Earlier in the thread people were saying AltGr is the same as Ctrl+Alt, but it seems like you're saying it's not?

Which exact keymap are you all using? There are lots of different German keymaps.

I tried a bunch and cannot reproduce the problem in Vista. Are you all using XP or does it happen in Vista as well?

1st line: Script is idling until button config window is active.
2nd line: <^>! means AltGr, so <^>!9 means an AltGr+9 press
SendInput, ] sends the char "]" when AltGr+9 is pressed
3rd line: Return ends the hotkey config.

AltGr is equivalent to Ctrl+RightAlt.

Icfu

I don't know the English names for it; on my PC they are named

[quote]Eingabegebietsschema: Deutsch (Deutschland)
Tastaturlayout/IME: Deutsch (IBM)[/quote]

I'm using XP SP-2.

Greetings,
Jan

It's not possible to turn an AltGr key into a "standard" RightAlt key and vice versa just by changing the keyboard layout...

Icfu

This is, hopefully, fixed in Opus 9.0.0.1:[ul][li]...[/li]
[li] Hopefully fixed conflict in Advanced Command editor with the ] character on German keyboards[/li]
[li]...[/li][/ul]Full list of changes here: [Directory Opus 9.0.0.1)

Let us know if it solves the problem.

The issue is fixed. Tested with Haage&Partner DO 9.0.0.2.

Icfu

Thanks, it's good to know!