DOpus 10 crashing quite a bit

I installed DOpus 10 on my desktop today and started working on some mockups using Balsamiq Mockups. DOpus would crash randomly while I was editing mockups. A reboot did not help.

Attached is a screenshot of the error and the windows event error log for the last error that occurred.

I am running Windows 7 x64 with SP1.

Any ideas what this could be? Any additional information I need to provide?
do-error-event-20110511.txt (1.67 KB)

I've been crashing (just closing, no errors shown) randomly a lot too. I don't ever recall crashing in 9 but have about 8-12 times so far. Usually it's when I have more than 1 tab open. The last crash (or closing) that I can remember is when I was about to drag-n-drop to the second tab. Crashed even before I got the file to the tab.

Windows 7 x64 (no SP1)

The FAQs explain how to track down the cause of crashes. (Usually shell extensions or video codecs.)

See the ones in the "Other Troubleshooting" section: List of FAQs organised by topic

Don't mean to jump on this thread, but I didn't know if I should start a new one with my issue. I am seeing a problem, where Dopus closes on it's own, only when I do copy or cut files and paste them, move them somewhere. I get no errors of any kind, and the files are moved. It's happened ever since I updated to v10 on Vista. There are no crash reports, as I look in %TEMP%, and like I said I get no errors, just the program closes it seems, and when I view task manager, I don't see Dopus running.. Should I start a new thread with this issue, is this something known, ??? Any help would be great..

Nevermind, my fault, it was a beta, I just did a fresh install and I don't have issues, so I'm guessing that was it, sorry about that..

I can crash DOpus fairly regularly by leaving the "Confirm File Replace" dialog open for a while (10 seconds or more) and then either clicking the 'x' close window button or abort.

Once it has crashed once (and I have stopped all dopus processes) it will crash like this every time without the wait until I reboot.

[quote="DCBeast"]I can crash DOpus fairly regularly by leaving the "Confirm File Replace" dialog open for a while (10 seconds or more) and then either clicking the 'x' close window button or abort.

Once it has crashed once (and I have stopped all dopus processes) it will crash like this every time without the wait until I reboot.[/quote]

Does this only happen with certain types of files?

My guess is that some component involved in generating the file thumbnails which the Replace dialog shows is crashing. If video files are involved then it's almost certainly the case.

Try disabling all viewer plugins to see if that helps. (Especially the movie plugin.)

I have disabled all viewer plugins & restarted.

I'm running a dual view lister. LHS has been set to %TEMP%. RHS set to D:\Development\C#\blah\blah\blah. Running detail view.

I copy a 0 byte file with the name "CVR35A01.tmp.cvr" from %TEMP% to D:

Copy again, dialog appears (empty 'document' icon'), I click the 'X' to close the window and bang!

Every time, I don't even have to wait to reproduce.

O/S Win 7 Enterprise 64bit.

Hope that helps.

I have just performed some more tests...

0 byte files with different extensions - no crash
files with the .cvr extension - crash

Note that cvr is not a registered extension in my system.

Another test - I created a file "tmp.darren" in %TEMP%
Copy - ok [now in both folders]
Copy - click 'X' - ok
Copy - click 'X' - ok
Copy - DOpus crashed the moment I hit CTRL+V [didn't even bring up the dialog]

All copy operations have been performed with CTRL+C , CTRL+V combinations if that helps

I configured context menu debug and started up DebugView to try and capture an incident. DOpuus crashed again while edting mockups only this time I caught the event in DebugView:

[4052] CSync::getSyncState: executed in 0.314217 sec
[4052] CSync::SendChanges: executed in 0.354100 sec
[4052] CSync::CommitTran: transaction committed in 0.035679 sec
[4052] CSync::Sync: executed in 2.394836 sec
[4052] CSync::getSyncState: executed in 0.316769 sec
[4052] CSync::CommitTran: transaction committed in 0.036176 sec
[4052] CSync::RecvChanges: executed in 0.354389 sec
[4052] CSync::getSyncState: executed in 0.312971 sec
[4052] CSync::SendChanges: executed in 0.352235 sec
[4052] CSync::CommitTran: transaction committed in 0.031548 sec
[4052] CSync::Sync: executed in 1.385475 sec

This is Dropbox. My mockups are hanging out in Dropbox so this makes sense. DOpus crashed when I deleted a mockup I no longer needed. The deletion needed to sync to Dropbox.

Now what?

I just checked with Dropbox and found an update available. The latest is 1.1.31 and I was on 1.1.24. The release notes only list finishing touches and stability fixes. Let's see if there is any change in DOpus knockouts.

Since updating Dropbox and disabling all viewer plugins, I have not had any crashes. As suggested, I am going to start turning on plugins and see what causes a crash.

I did think the zip integration may have been causing a problem but that seems to be working fine.

It has been a few weeks and I have enabled zip integration and all viewer plug-ins and have had no problems. I think Dropbox was the cause of my problems. Since updating Dropbox I have had no further issues.