Dopus 9.1.1.1 does not close properly, intermittently

I am using XP SP3

Every three or four times when I close Dopus or go to another application, the icons in by Taskbar do not respond. Dopus will not open from the Quick Launch Bar either. I have to use Process Explorer to close dopusrt.exe and dopus.exe and everything works again.

I would be glad to send log files the next time it happens, but I do not know the process of doing this.

Any ideas?

What do you mean by "close Dopus or go to another application"?

[ul][li]Are you exiting Opus?[/li]
[li]Or just closing the window? (By default, Opus continues to run even after all of its windows are closed.)[/li]
[li]Or leaving the window open and switching to another program?[/li][/ul]

Also, what does the shortcut in your Quick Launch Bar run? If you've exited Opus, are you sure it isn't just running Opus in the background? (If it is then clicking it a second time should make an Opus window appear. You could also set Opus to open a window when it is started for the first time.)

[quote="leo"]What do you mean by "close Dopus or go to another application"?

[ul][li]Are you exiting Opus?[/li]
[li]Or just closing the window? (By default, Opus continues to run even after all of its windows are closed.)[/li]
[li]Or leaving the window open and switching to another program?[/li][/ul]

Also, what does the shortcut in your Quick Launch Bar run? If you've exited Opus, are you sure it isn't just running Opus in the background? (If it is then clicking it a second time should make an Opus window appear. You could also set Opus to open a window when it is started for the first time.)[/quote]It happens if I exit Dopus from the icon in the taskbar by right clicking and clicking on Exit, or I switch to another window to another application, or launch another applcation while Dopus is running.

It does not restart if I click the icon in the Quick Launch bar over one time. I have to go to Process Explorer and kill dopusrt.exe and dopus.exe to get it working again.

It does not happen everytime, but intermittently. About 5 times per day and is very irritating because it interrupts my work flow.

Thanks for any help.

Assuming you're using the latest version of Opus, I would suggest following the steps in these FAQs to see if you can narrow down the cause of the problem:

[Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing certain directories)
[General slowdown or instability investigation steps)

Okay, I am somewhat willing go through all of the many steps. It will take some time and effort. The problem is that this behavior only occurs intermittently. That will make the steps suggested much more difficult to go through and could take weeks.

It would make my job much easier if you would send me a debug copy.....I could then send you the latest logs when the problem reoccurs.

If this is not possible, then I will take any extra time I have available to me, and go through each step systematically. I have been using your program for some time now, and it is the most used program on my system and greatly simplifies my computing tasks. This is the only problem I have ever had with Directory Opus.

I would really appreciate you sending me a debug disk to try first so save me the time to try to find an intermittent problem among so many tests.

Many thanks,

Silver

Only GPSoftware could send you a debug copy. (This is a user-to-user forum and I'm not GPSoftare.)

AFAIK there isn't such a thing anyway, at least not one which writes any additional logging that the normal version doesn't already do.

It might be worth checking in your /temp folder to see if there is a DOpus.Minidumps folder. Opus will create debug dumps if it crashes sometimes and they can help find the problem.