DOpus changes font size with Window 7 scaling

I upgraded my DOpus to v11 over the holidays. However after using the trial for two weeks I notice it is slower and crashes more than the v9 I have been using for years. I would like to continue using my v9 except for one annoying problem. DOpus changes its font size when Windows 7 changes scaling more than 5 times per day.

Sometimes DOpus jumps point size from 18 to 36 or down to 10pt. Each time I have to go into settings to adjust point size back to 18pt. Other have had this problem (link below) but I don’t see a resolution or way to fix.
DOpus fonts change when Windows scaling is changed for a more detailed explanation.

Is there any way I can resolve this with v9?

Thank you and have a happy new year.

If you have a saved configuration and then change the Windows DPI scaling, the font sizes can get confused. At the moment if it happens then you need to go to Preferences / Display / Colors and Fonts and then use File > Reset Page To Defaults.

It should not happen at random, but presumably the times when it happens coincide with something changing system DPI (e.g. plugging in monitors with different DPIs).

Opus will respond to this better (as well as Windows itself responds) in the future, as part of better support for high DPI and DPI changing.

If you're seeing crashes, please link your account and send any crash dumps to leo@gpsoft.com.au and I will investigate them and report back. You may also be able to solve crashing issues yourself, as they are almost always caused by 3rd party shell extensions or similar components: Crash, exit or high CPU usage when viewing certain directories - Crash, exit or high CPU usage when right-clicking certain files.

n.b. This is assuming you are not seeing this magnifying glass / + icon at the right of the path field:

If you are seeing that icon, something different has happened. Click it for the option to reset the font size.