DOpus keeps opening listers with fixed folders not last used

I've enabled the option "Open the listers that were open when the program was last closed" in the Preferences / Launching Opus / Startup section (see attachment).

However, when I start Opus it brings the lister layout and tabs with fixed folders addresses - always the same folders are opened, regardless of the folders that were actually opened when closing Opus. I believe those are the folders that were opened when I saved my lister layout. But I do not enabled opening the saved lister layout at startup but the last opened listers. Thus, it should have no effect on Opus startup I guess.

Can you please advise me what to change so Opus opened with the folders that were opened when closing it? Many thanks in advance!

Check that Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister is turned on.

The other option that you were looking at would only have an effect if you exited Opus while some windows were still open. Since you've got Shutdown Directory Opus when the last Lister closes, I'm guessing that you're exiting Opus by closing the last window, and I think Opus will treat that as there being no windows open when it was closed. In that case, the default lister will open instead, and the option I mentioned at the start of this post will ensure the default lister is the same as the last window that was closed.

Got that. I'll disable shutting Opus down (as it is indeed enabled) and see whether it helps. Many thanks for the tip!

You should be able to leave that on if you want to, although I find it good to be able to instantly open a lister at any time, since I'm always opening & closing them all day (and I've got plenty of RAM).

Surprisingly it looks like disabling this option hasn't helped... :frowning: I started DO today and it opened with those fixed folders even though I disable the option yesterday before closing Opus.

What do you actually mean by "closing Opus" in this context?

Just closing the lister I normally use. I didn't killed the task in the Task Manager or anything like that :wink:

No options needed to be disabled; the option I first mentioned needed to be enabled. Did you change the right thing?

Also, how are you launching Opus?

If you close all your Listers before shutting down Opus then there are no Listers open for Opus to save :slight_smile:

But turning on Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister will mean the lister you close is saved as the default lister, which can then be loaded next time. (Depending on what is actually being opened, which we don't know yet, ofc.)

I didn't have that option enabled - that might be the solution! Thanks for the tip!

Wow, there's so many options in the Preferences panel - which in fact is great, even is guys like me sometimes get confused :wink: