Dopus locks up [solved by TortoiseSVN update]

Hi folks,

I run Dopus 9.5.2.0 on my laptop and my desktop, both under Win XP. The desktop works fine, but about half the time at power up on the laptop Dopus locks up partway through its startup. Windows tells me "this program is not responding" and I have to force it to exit. I can't see any pattern to this; sometimes it will power up fine several days in a row, other times it will lock up five times before finally starting. It has been this way for over a year, though several versions of Dopus, and I am finally getting serious about fixing it.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1705. I have updated all drivers from Dell, a couple months ago. There are no other programs which exhibit problems like this -- only Dopus. I don't see anything else which would indicate a hardware problem.

Any ideas? Need some more info?

Thanks,
Gerrit

What's Opus doing when you turn the laptop on?

Is it opening any folders, or just launching in the background?

If it is crashing when opening folders, see Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing a certain directory.

Thanks, Leo! I have Tortoise-SVN, but an older version than 1.67. The FAQ says that could be the problem. I just downloaded the new one, and will see if that fixes it. I'll post here with the results.

Your Opus version is out of date as well:

Thank you, Leo. I've updated both Opus and Tortoise-SVN and power cycled a number of times, and everything now seems to be okay. Thanks for your help!