DOpusRT:Unable to launch Directory Opus\Utilities\

After upgrading to Directory Opus 10.5.4 I am unable to launch Directory Opus by double-clicking on an open portion of the Windows Desktop.
I am running the 64-bit version of Directory Opus on Windows 8.1 Professional (x64).
Prior to upgrading to 10.5.4 I never encountered this problem.

When I double-click on the Windows Desktop, a message box is displayed containing the following message.

DOpusRT: Unable to launch Directory Opus from "D:\Program Files\Utilities\Directory Opus\dopus.exe"

In case there is an issue with spaces in the directory path, there is a space between the words Program and Files and a space between the words Directory and Opus within the path shown in the message box.

If I launch Directory Opus from the Windows Start Menu, Directory Opus launches and works fine.
I checked the Target within the Start Menu shortcut and it does point to the same path mentioned within the message box.

Unfortunately, I always launch Directory Opus by double-clicking on an open portion of the Windows Desktop.
It is so much easier to launch Directory Opus using this method. :slight_smile:

Check that Opus is not running as administrator, since that will cause DOpusRT.exe (running without elevation) to be unable to tell dopus.exe (running with elevation) to open a new window when you double-click the desktop.

You are correct. That was the problem.
Feel free to mark this item as closed.