Drag folder target indicator misplacement

This happens irregularly, always after Opus has been running for quite a long time. Once it manifests it persists until Opus is restarted at which point the behaviour reverts to normal. I'm running on v12.2.2 but it has been around for a while. This is on a Windows 7 Lenovo X230 laptop with the latest video drivers.

It's not a big issue and is easily fixed by restarting Opus. I am reporting it in case it's not something unique to my configuration. What happens is shown in the screen grab. The horizontal white line indicating where the dragged folder will be dropped should align with the floating + New tab indicator but it is misaligned by several tab positions, four in this case.

Regards, AB

Does it still happen if you drag very slowly at the start of the drag? Do things seem less responsive in general when it starts to happen?

I have tried slowing the speed of dragging down to a crawl and have not observed any difference whether it's fast or slow, nor any general slowdown. I typically just restart Opus whenever it happens. Is there anything specific you would like me to try the next time it happens? It's very irregular so who knows when that will be.

Regards, AB

When it happens, does dropping the folder on the tab bar cause it to drop where the line is or where the drag image is?

And is the mouse pointer next to the drag image or down where the line is?

I'm embarrassed to admit that I failed to pay attention to these details. :blush: I "think" the drop is in the right place (i.e. at the point of the arrow) but I would not swear to it. Whenever it happens I go more or less immediately for my restart Opus button. Better to wait until it happens again when I will report back with accurate information, maybe even a brief video. :smiley:

Regards, AB

It's not an obvious thing to think about, don't worry. :slight_smile: I only ask because it probably tells us which part of the code to look at. Let us know next time it happens and we'll try to work out what's going on.

[quote="leo"]When it happens, does dropping the folder on the tab bar cause it to drop where the line is or where the drag image is?

And is the mouse pointer next to the drag image or down where the line is?[/quote]
It has just happened again (v12.2.6 Beta) and this time I recorded a video so I can answer your questions definitively:

[ol][li]Dropping occurs where the line is - about 3 horizontal tabs below the drag image.[/li]
[li]The mouse pointer stays and moves with the drag image.[/li][/ol]
Regards, AB

[Thread merged.]

Hello

I have a column of tabs defined at the right of the lister (see image).

When I want to copy a file I drag the file from the lister and drop at the desired tab.

Recently when i do that when the mouse pointer is over the desired tab the selected tab is below three lines. (see the image).

Don't know what causes this.

We have another report about this, so you are not alone.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce it ourselves yet. If you have any ideas about what might trigger it, or anything non-default about your Opus (e.g. lister layout) or Windows setup (e.g. DPI scaling, or the lister being split across two monitors), please let us know and we will try to re-create that setup to see if it makes the problem happen for us.

Unfortunately I have no clue. It's like finding a needle in an haystack.

Leo, could they send you their config and see if it affects you the same way it affects them?

jcmn, I am the other person who reported this. See this post for details. [Threads now merged. --Leo]

I have only ever seen it on my laptop (Lenovo X230, Windows 7) and it does not happen often. To date it has never occurred on my Windows 10 desktop or in a VMWare virtual machine.

Regards, AB

In fact I have installations of dopus in two Desktop's (one with Windows 7 and the other with Windows 10). The issue is with Windows 7 although dopus settings are not equal they are similar. Anything I can do to help devs just ask.

I've merged the two threads together.

I think I've found the problem as well. If you open enough tabs to get a scrollbar and then scroll down, and then either close tabs or maximize the window so the scrollbar goes away, the old scroll offset is still being applied to the drag & drop.

That's easy to fix and we'll have this working properly in the next update.

Fix for this is in 12.3.2 beta.