Emailing Files

I have two licenses.
On one PC, I am using Microsoft Office 2000. On another, Microsoft Office 2003.
I have setup my Preferences, Miscellaneous, Email exactly alike.
On the PC with Outlook 2000, when I receive the Send Email - Directory Opus dialog box, when I click on To, the drop-down box shows all of my addressees in Outlook 2000.
When I do the same thing on the PC with Outlook 2003, there are - no - names whatsoever.
I've tried really hard to figure out what's going on, to no avail.
This isn't a big deal, but I sure would like to have the same convenience of addressees appearing on both.
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

You might want to submit an offical support request at the Official GPSoftware Support Site for this issue.

I'm reasonably sure that DOpus just uses the basic .wab address book used by Outlook Express. Not the address books used by Outlook. Perhaps you've still got addresses in the old address book on the Office 2000 pc.

Does this help: [Drop-down list of addresses in Opus email client) ?

Hi Nudel:

Your reply was "right on." In fact, Dr. Perry had already personally emailed me this suggested fix from Microsoft's website prior to your posting. He didn't know if it would work or not. After some experimenting, I found it - did - work and I emailed Dr. Perry of my successful results. He told me this solution would appear in the FAQs in the future, for others to use.

I have some additional observations on this same topic.

Since "updating" to the latest version of Directory Opus, I found I had to once again apply this Registry "fix" in order to get the email working properly.

I have no idea why the Directory Opus update would "mess" this up; however, I found that I had to again apply the Registry "fix" to both PCs after updating them to the latest DO update.

Thanks again for your input!

Darryl