F1 Help has structure but no content

I can invoke the F1 Help and search it, but there is no content in it. I did download the manual and I do read the online manual. I wonder if F1 Help has been deprecated or if I am supposed to download the Help file (I don't see one to download).

Help file does not display correctly probably has the fix you need.

Thank you. I used the automatic fix, which modified the registry, but did not solve the empty Help page problem.

Please try the regsvr32 fix as well; the two fixes are for separate issues.

If it still isn't working, which Opus installer/version are you seeing it with?

If you search your PC for other *.chm files and double-click one from another program, do its contents show?

No .chm files open. I am using 12.2 X64 build 6109.

I will do the regsvr32 fix next.

regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\hhctrl.ocx failed:
"The module ... hhctrl.ocx was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0X80004005"

Lots of flakey web sites claiming they can fix that error ...

For itss.dll, the error code is 0X40080201.

Are you running regsvr32 from an administrator command prompt? That detail is vital; it will fail from a normal command prompt.

I thought I was but I wasn't. The itss.dll change worked but the hhctrl.ocx failed with code 0X8002801c.

...and Help still doesn't work with only the hhctrl change.

Microsoft's web site says "The error value 0x8002801c means, Error accessing the OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) registry. You need to copy theMSCOMCT2.OCX file to c:\windows\sysWOW64 not c:\windows\system32." but no way am I making that change unless you say to lol !

That sounds like the Windows HTML Help component or something it depends on is broken, if it can't be re-registered.

Installing htmlhelp.exe (first download, make sure you don't get the Japanese version which has an extra 'j' at the end of the file name) from Microsoft HTML Help Downloads may fix the problem. (I had to do this once myself, for a slightly different issue, and it fixed things on my Windows 10 64-bit system.)

This Microsoft TechNet thread also has some suggestions which worked for other people: HTML Help Viewer Does Not Show the Content Of Chm file (Right pane is white blank).