Dual File Display with folders on one side and files on the other

I am completely new to this product although I have watched many YouTube videos.
I have two windows Horizontal I am trying to make the top window the file directory and the bottom window the contents of that directory. I look under a listers. And I cannot find file Lister.
Only listers pertaining to directories and drives.

It can be done, although it's unusual, and you'll lose most of the benefits of functionality like expandable folders and the ability to copy between two folders by opening them in each side. Using the folder tree instead of a file display is probably better. But, if you really want to:

• Open a new dual-display window, and navigate to the same folder in both sides.

• Turn on Navigation Lock (in the Folder Menu)

• On each side, open Folder > Folder Format and go to the Hide Filters tab.

• Set one side to hide * files and the other to hide * folders. Click OK to close the Folder Format dialog.
  • Turn on Folder > Format Lock on both sides.

• Use Settings > Lister Layouts > Save This Lister and make sure Use folder formats saved within this layout is turned on.

You can then load that layout whenever you want that kind of setup. One side will only show folders and the other only shows files. Navigating in either side will go to the same folder in the other.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response.
As you can tell I'm a complete novice at this program. I am starting to see the wisdom of doing it the traditional way that directory opus uses have.
Once again thank you for your help.
DomC

1 Like