File Types editor crash

Hi,

Today I had to use the File Types editor to do a lot of work, and came across several bugs/annoyances.

When deleting several types from the File Types editor, I noticed that sometimes the wrong type would be deleted, and the type you deleted would still be there. When I'd then try and delete that type, I would see the following crash report.

I also noticed that when I would be editing a file type action in the "Edit 'open' action for type: ..." window, if I cleared the "Application" and clicked "OK" then "OK" again, nothing would happen to that type. If I re-opened it, the original action would still be there. I did realize (after doing this for a while) that I'm supposed to click "Delete" to clear it, it was just frustrating when it seemed to work, but didn't. I also thought "Delete" would completely remove that from the context menu item list, as opposed to leaving it undefined.

When hitting the escape key it doesn't exit out of the most recent window, it closes the whole tool, back to the main DOpus Lister window. Usually when hitting the escape key you only close the window in focus.

Thanks,

Uriah

For future functionality it would be great if the editor had the ability to mass edit file types. I'd be happy wiping out all of the other file type specific information for generic information, however if you wanted to keep the individual descriptions you could do what iTunes does when mass editing the properties of disparate songs, just change the fields that the user changes.

That would be extremely handy.

Thanks,

Uriah

Can you remember which types you deleted and the order of deletion? Please let us know if you can, as that may help us reproduce the problem.

If a crash dump was created matching the date & time of that crash, please zip it and email it to leo@gpsoft.com.au so we can see what it indicates.

You're right. We should probably make it so you can't click OK if the application field is blank, since that doesn't make sense. Maybe with the error message saying you should click Cancel and delete the action if that's what's desired.

I'm not sure of exactly what you mean here. Deleting the 'open' action will remove it from the context menu, but some other action will probably take its place as the new default item at the top of the menu.

Which window are you seeing that with? I tried all the file type editor windows I could think of and Esc closes them and their children (which is what it is supposed to do) but never any parent or sibling windows.