Fix white boxes behind labels in Preferences

Hi and tanks!

WXP pro SP3, Opus 10 [url]https://resource.dopus.com/t/fix-white-boxes-behind-labels-in-preferences/3331/1]
can not see the option in 10.

Have the white box in WXP.

Christer

The option no longer exists as it shouldn't be needed anymore.

Are you using a non-standard Windows theme and/or something like WibdowBlinds? Maybe the theme itself has an issue with the tab control background texture.

Ordinary WXP (Modified) = Background None (Using color). Noting extra at all!
Can it be that I restored my Opus 9 settings? And that because I like the old ListerMenu toolbar so much.

Christer

Not ListerMenu - I ment the Application toolbar

Not those tabs. :slight_smile:

The background of the Prefs dialog uses the tab background texture, the one you see behind the main part of the standard Properties dialogs, for example.

On a normal XP machine that texture is a very light brown gradient fill, but in your screenshot the texture isn't there and it's using the window background colour instead.

What do you see in Properties dialogs?

The same problem on win7 , Do9 is OK, it has a border if you changed the folder tabs color.

This isn't about those tabs, like I said. (And there's nothing wrong with them. In Opus 9 if you overrode the folder tab colors then that was ignored unless you also turned off visual styles on thefolder tabs. In Opus 10 that is done automatically. And it's unrelated to what this thread is about in both cases.)

If I use | Use system colors | It's OK and behave is as it should, but I thought that I could use own colour on the active tab.
Now I have the same colour on the foldertab as in the background. The little sting
on the active tab I have to live with!

Christer

Hang on, so we ARE talking about folder tabs? But the root post makes no mention of folder tabs (or tabs at all) and links to a FAQ about white boxes in the Preferences window itself, which is what the thread subject is about as well.

This is highly confusing.

Can we petend I never mentioned tabs and get back on topic? As I keep saying, I was not talking about folder tabs. If you or anyone wants to talk about folder tabs, please start a new topic.