Fixed lister fixed column widths not preserved with new lister

Hi:

I followed the instructions at: Folder Formats: Quick Guide

I created a dual horizontal lister with specific column widths. I made sure to turn off lister display -> auto size columns. I then saved the lister format and also saved as default lister.

Note that Preferences -> Launching Opus -> Default Lister -> Ignore folder format of Default Lister is set.

Then killed Dopus and restarted. It restarted with autosize set. I can select my saved lister layout and reload it. However, how do I make it the default?

Thanks for your help.

In -> preferences -> Opus start -> Auto start (or any of the other options) -> open saved lister layout, you can set the layout, which you want to use.

When you say you "killed" Opus, what do you mean? If you're killing the process using Task Manager then that can prevent some of your config data being saved (or even corrupt it if you time things really badly), just as a warning.

Thanks, Leo. I right clicked on the lister icon in the system tray and specified close. Same thing with the Dopus icon in the system tray.

abr: that worked quite well - thanks!

Another question: when I save lister layouts, where are they saved? I would like to copy a lister layout to a second system.

Similarly, when I backup a configuration, I backup to specific directory. Is there any problem copying that file to a second system and restoring the configuration to a second system?

Fred

If you type "/appdata", it will take you to the Opus appdata folder. You can find your layouts in the folder by the same name. The files will have the .oll extension. I would recommend, that you make a backup of Opus on both computers. And, i'm not quite sure, how well it would work on your other computer, if you just copy the .oll file over.

It's /dopusdata, not /appdata. Type that into the location field at the top of the file display (or click in the file display itself and start typing).

See the How to backup or locate your Opus configuration FAQ for more details.

abr:

Great - that procedure worked.

Thanks.