Folder Formats / Default Lister

Because I tend to be brain dead, once I got everything the way I wanted it, I backed up my DOpus settings. That's worked great for six months.

My drive crashed two days ago,. taking my saved settings with it, so I'm kinda back at square one.

I got the list I wanted [Commander] set as the default. Works.

But when I switch around column placements and/or widths, that doesn't stay.

I click on the Settings/Save as Default Lister, but it doesn't save the column placements.

What am I forgetting?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

See the Folder Formats FAQ.

Or if you mean you don't get what you want when you open a new window, use Settings -> Set as Default Lister after making whichever changes you want.

[quote="leo"]See the Folder Formats FAQ.

Or if you mean you don't get what you want when you open a new window, use Settings -> Set as Default Lister after making whichever changes you want.[/quote]

Leo, it IS the window I'm talking about.

In the Commander Layout (my default Lister) I moved the Modified column over next to the Size column.

Then I clicked "Set as Default Lister".

Then I close DO, and when I open it back up, the columns are back to the original placements.

?

Regards,
Chuck

How are you opening the window?

Leo, I double-click the desktop.

Regards,
Chuck

What's set here:

Same as the picture.

Is the option shown below also on? If so then the format in the Default Lister is ignored and you should follow the Folder Formats FAQ to set the format(s) you want for your folder(s).

(Having that option on actually simplifies things as you don't have to worry about the Default Lister opening with one format and then having another format used when you change directories. I keep forgetting the option is there, though! Apologies.)

[quote="leo"]Is the option shown below also on? If so then the format in the Default Lister is ignored and you should follow the Folder Formats FAQ to set the format(s) you want for your folder(s).

(Having that option on actually simplifies things as you don't have to worry about the Default Lister opening with one format and then having another format used when you change directories. I keep forgetting the option is there, though! Apologies.)[/quote]

Leo:

If I check "Ignore folder format..." and uncheck "Update default automatically, the format holds.

Then it seems I can set specific folders specific ways.

But then where is the "default folder setup coming from for future folders?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

From folder formats. The FAQ is long but well worth digesting.