Footprint in taskbar

When I disable "Show Lister 'Footprint' on Windows task bar" (Preferences>Options) and press 'apply' the Opus footprint disappears, as it should, but it reappears as soon as I close the Preferences window and there is no way I can get it to go away again.
This is new to version 9 although the footprint did show up from time to time in version 8, but I just closed the Lister and relaunched it to get the footprint to disappear.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I see it as well. Are you on Vista, too? Maybe the feature doesn't work on Vista.

No, I'm still using XP. Sorry for not mentioning it before.

Ta, I've filed a report.

None of use Beta Testers found that one? We must all be using footprints.

Lots of things none of you Beta Testers found :imp:

I've found that it happens everywhere, as much as you try. Still, a great product and definitely nowhere near as woeful as most I've seen :slight_smile:

To have comprehensive test cases, one would require a number of test script iterations equal to the the sum of the series:

{N1 * [F(n1)!/F(n1)] + N2 * [F(n2)!/F(n2)] + N3 * [F(n3)!/F(n3)] + ...}

Where N equals the number of unique functions in the software application and where (Fn) equals the number of settings which modify each individual function.

That number grows huge quickly the more functions points or more options that are added. Applications tend toward bloatware in higher version numbers, especially if they are not held to a strict scope.

This is fixed in Opus 9.0.0.1:[ul][li]...[/li]
[li] The option to hide Lister footprints in the taskbar now works correctly[/li]
[li]...[/li][/ul]Full list of changes here: [Directory Opus 9.0.0.1)

On my system (Windows XP, DOpus 9.0.0.1), the footprint problem described above still exists, exactly as before. Should I have uninstalled version 9.0.0.0 first?

[quote="kenalcock"]To have comprehensive test cases, one would require a number of test script iterations equal to the the sum of the series:

{N1 * [F(n1)!/F(n1)] + N2 * [F(n2)!/F(n2)] + N3 * [F(n3)!/F(n3)] + ...}
[/quote]

Actually you should test paths, not functions (so that IF statement makes 2 paths- when condition is satisfied and when it's not).
Anyway, nothing's tested with such approach :smiley:

X.

Hmm, you're right, it isn't fixed here either. Let's see what Jon says.

There's no need to uninstall 9.0.0.0 before installing 9.0.0.1.

The 'Disable footprint in taskbar' option is still broken. To be fair, this bug is not listed in the Release Notes to 9.0.0.2 as having been fixed. Still, one would have thought... .

Version 9.0.0.3 and still not fixed.
Should I be telling someone about this or do I just wait patiently?

Try 9.0.0.4; it has another fix for this.

Yes, version 9.0.0.4 seems to have fixed it. Thank you.