Forcing single instance of DI lister

Hmmm - thought I posted this... sorry if it was moved or deleted for some reason. I can't find my post.

I have my preferences set to always use the same lister, but OTHER software hijacks this, and some open multiple listers. Is there a way that I can prevent this happening?

Thanks

Maybe it was following option: -> Preferences -> Launching Opus -> Explorer Replacement -> "Open external folders in a new tab"?

1 Like

I have the same question...

i followed Leo's old post about it : [Always re-use a single window instead of opening new windows)

Is there a way to force a single instance (like xnview for instance)

I give up. :slight_smile: DO does the expected in terms of using a "single lister". For me it's just the opening of multiple listers by other software. Thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

@abr: In fact checking Open folders in a new tab" worked so thanks a lot! (I had dismissed it for whatever reason.)

Cheers

Spoke to soon - it appears to be a buglet. Works the first time, thereafter not. :frowning:

How is the window being opened?

What happens when you create a folder on your desktop and double-click it?

it opens in the current lister

But if i shift-click on the pinned dopus icon on the taskbar, it opens a new lister.

That sounds correct.

Shift-clicking a program on the taskbar is supposed to open a new window, so that also sounds correct. (If you don't want to open a new window, don't hold shift.)

Which action is causing the actual problem for you?

Well it's a quick way to see that you can have multiple listers :wink:

Sometimes, not all the time, when opening multiple tabs using dopusrt with a go newtab command, it opens in one new lister or more. Maybe it has now changed with the new settings (i'll keep you posted...)

I think It would be nice to have an option like in Xnview, to force a single instance of Dopus
Maybe that would require a lot of effort and in that case, there are many other areas where your time would be better spent.

I do not see the point of a single-window option that prevents you from overriding it via actions which explicitly open a second window, like shift-clicking the taskbar.

If something else causes new windows to open when it is unwanted, we can fix that, or provide alternatives, but we need the details. Doing that is effort you speak of, and we're happy to do it.

To be able to help, we need the exact details of how to reproduce the problem you're seeing. This is still too vague. What are the exact commands? How are they being run?

Using dopusrt to open a lot of tabs at once may not be the best way to do things. We can probably provide a better way to do that, if you give details of what you want to do. (Probably makes sense to start a fresh thread for that.)

Using dopusrt to open a lot of tabs at once may not be the best way to do things. We can probably provide a better way to do that, if you give details of what you want to do. (Probably makes sense to start a fresh thread for that.)

I also use dopusrt with .dcf files for some tasks...

Are there other ways ?