GetExtendedFileAttributes

Hi, this is a tool to display all the extended file attributes of a single file. (Tested on Windows Vista and XP).

It can be used with DOpus because it accepts a single file on the command-line:

You can use a button like this to show the extended file-attributes of a selected file in DOpus:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" separate="yes" textcol="none"> <tip>Get Extended File Attributes</tip> <icon1>#setattr2</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>F:\GetExtendedFileAttributes.exe &quot;%1&quot;</instruction> </function> </button>
(Of course you have to customize the path to GetExtendedFileAttributes.exe on your computer).

Edit on 25.7.2011:

Here is the program with no UPX compression.

Here is a JottiQ scan of this file:

Here is the MD5 Hash of the exe file: 09B5741A82E91F088C172E318A2400DE

Whoever wants to compile the program himself can send me a PM with his email address, and I will send him the source code.
GetExtendedFileAttributes (no UPX).zip (376 KB)

Works fine here with XP SP3.

...and I (almost) forgot to say thank you :wink:

PS: Delphi + UPX, ahh, those sweet memories :smiley:

You're welcome. :smiley:

Not so sweet as my happiness to work with the best developer tool which ever existed ... :wink:

Hi Peter,
I created a button for the extended attributes but when It runs I get the following:
"Windows cannot find '<?xml'. Make sure you typed the name correctly..."
How do I fix this?

[quote="daddyman"]Hi Peter,
I created a button for the extended attributes but when It runs I get the following:
"Windows cannot find '<?xml'. Make sure you typed the name correctly..."
How do I fix this?[/quote]
What is the code of your button? Which item is selected when you press the button?

Make also sure that in the Command Editor/Function the item Standard Function (Opus or external) is selected and not MS-DOS Batch Function.

It sounds like you pasted the XML code in as the function of the button instead of pasting it onto the toolbar directly.

Thanks,

I did paste the code into the function of the button.

A large number of virus checkers are reporting the exe as a possible virus, I suspect only because it is UPX + Delphi (although at least one on VirusTotal still thinks it's a virus even after unpacking it with UPX).

As this keeps causing problems (e.g. when anyone downloads the file, and when I do forum backups), and as the space that UPX saves is meaningless in this day and age, I'm going to ask that UPX no longer be used with any files uploaded to the forum from now on.

I don't think anti-virus tools are ever going to come to terms with UPX. It's been a problem for years and it seems unlikely that will ever change. Since UPX hasn't been worth using since we stopped using floppy disks, it'll make life easier for all of us if it is no longer used for files on the forum.