Have buttons for *.pdf, *.doc, etc.?

Opus looks very interesting.

1. In my current file manager, I can create buttons that will allow just *.pdf or *.doc, etc. in the right hand pane - and allow me to just show those files, without any folders.

Can I do this in Opus and have these button display at the bottom of the left hand pane?

1. I'm also hoping there's an option for (after clicking a button to calculate) showing in the right hand pane, the file size of any displayed folder, and ability to sort the right hand pane by the file sizes of files and folders (after file size is calculated).

Thanks!

1. Create a button and/or hotkey and/or menu item which runs a command like one of these:
Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME="*.pdf"
Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME="*.doc"
Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME="*.(pdf|doc)"
  1. See the FAQ on folder size calculation.

Wow - I'm impressed!

1. After I use one of the

Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME="*.doc"

commands, how do I return it to the 'normal' state of showing all files?

1. I supposed there is a command I could use from a button to tell Opus to show only the files in the currently selected directory or folder (without showing folders) - and one to restore it to showing folders?

2. One other thing. On my ancient file manager, I could click a button and it would open another instance of the file manager, changing the size so that each took up exactly 1/2 of the current monitor.

With your product, I guess you use the feature to display 2 instances within the same program [side by side showing 2 panes each] (instead of opening 2 separate instances).

But, is there a way to modify this behavior to open the window to exactly the width of the monitor (so that each instance inside Opus would take up 1/2 of the monitor [so, 2 instances of left/right panes] - and a way to get it back to 'normal' size again afterwards by clicking a button?

1. Just click the button again to show all the files ... :wink:

2. The code is: Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS * (and click the button again to show the folders)

1. If you really want two separate Opus windows, you could try this code (when your screen resolution is for example 1680x1050):

GO NEW 0,0,840,1020 GO NEW 840,0,840,1020
GO NEW <position and size>
Opens a new Lister with the specified position and size (x,y,w,h).

Or use a Layout.

Wow - looks like there are multiple ways to accomplish most things in Opus.

Very refreshing as compared to what I've been using!

Another question for the Opus Gurus:

If I let Opus completely replace explorer on Win7-64, is there a way to setup one or more folders that act differently from the others?

I'd like one folder on my desktop to have large icons which are not order by a grid, to use like a program launcher for my most common programs and files.

And I'm used to having others set to open as just ordered lists - with name, type, size and date. Where double clicking on a folder within the folder, opens yet another new window.

Is this possible?

Please read the FAQs, in particular the ones on Folder Formats and multiple questions in the same thread.

[quote="Christiaan"]1. Just click the button again to show all the files ... :wink:

1. The code is: Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS * (and click the button again to show the folders)[/quote]

Christiaan - I've got buttons to show only *.txt with no folders:

Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS *
Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME="*.txt"

and to show only *.pdf with no folders

Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS *
Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME="*.pdf"

Unfortunately, if I click the txt button (works perfectly, only txt and no folders) and then click the pdf button, I get pdfs AND folders.

So the button undid the hiding folders action, and only works if the folders are NOT already hidden.

Is there a way to always have a command hide folders, even if it is clicked for the 2nd time? Same for showing just *.txt or *.pdf - as I have yet another button to revert back to all files.

Thanks!

BTW - this is the only file manager I've seen that is so perfectly customizable. I wish I'd found this a long time ago!

The Set-filter commands tend to work as toggles automatically so that you can put them on a button and click them again to clear the filter. (If the filter they set is already active then they clear it, essentially.)

In this case you don't want that, so you can work around it like this:

Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS ""
Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS *
Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME *.txt

and

Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS ""
Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS *
Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME *.pdf