Help file is not working in 10.5

Goodmorning,

yesterday I did the upgrade to 10.5 but during the process, the upgrading went wrong.

i had to uninstall Dopus and re-install.

Everything looks great but the help file. It displays "Navigation to the webpage was canceled".

Can someone provide some asstance please?

Best regards

Hi,

In what way did the upgrade go wrong? Could the install have gone wrong again? e.g. If something prevented the help file being written to disk then that might explain things. Reinstalling 10.5 again might be worth a try.

It's also possible that something has broken the Windows HTML-help viewer's installation. The Help file does not display correctly FAQ has some possible solutions.

Uninstalling Dopus again with revo uninstaller and reinstalling didi the trick.

Thx for your support aynway.

I expect just reinstalling would have solved it.

(I don't know if it's just coincidence but I'm starting to see a correlation between people who use Revo Uninstaller and people who have weird installation problems, FWIW. Could be explained by those people also tending to install & uninstall lots of random stuff, of course.)

I first followed your lead . Didi'nt work.

I then did re-install but got again an error message while rebooting. Hence I installed Revo uninstaller and removed Dopus completely, also cleaning up the registry.

Clean install and everything was up and running as it should.

I've been using Dopus since ages but was first time I got this kind of behaviour.

What did the error message say?

Did you try the normal uninstaller before Revo?

Error said that there was a problem related to the install shiled installer. Tried to remove it via normal way, didn' succeed as error popped-up again during reboot.