How Information is saved

When a Lister is created what file is the Lister information contained in? Also which file holds the ToolBar information?

Bob

See HOW TO: Back-up or locate your Opus configuration (Advanced) for descriptions of the directories where your configuration is stored.

Toolbars are in the /dopusdata\Buttons folder.

Not sure what you mean by "when a lister is created"; created in what sense? An open window? A saved layout? The "Open the Listers that were open when the program was last closed" settings?

From other recent posts... I suspect he's looking to somehow hack any files on disk related to toolbar and perhaps lister "State Data" to try and come up with a way of launching listers with specific toolbars opened for specific workflows and use-cases where he wants something other than global default toolbars switched on.

Leo's questions are all still valid to give you a definitive answer towards whatever you're trying to do... But if I've guessed the intent correctly - I think you're sort of hung for a way to hack your idea together. I say this assuming that to do what you want, the thing you'd need to work with would still be "local" toolbars as in the referenced thread... That said, there's certainly disk files that store lister layout data, whether it be the default lister, a saved layout, or that other last bit that Leo asked about (listers that were open when...) as well as a file (toolbars.oxc) that stores the "global" toolbar on/off state... But I don't think there's any disk file that persistently stores anything related to "local" toolbars (which are the only toobars associated in any way with a "specific" lister) which makes sense if you consider that such info isn't relevant for anything other than a lister that's already open where you've turned a toolbar on locally. That sort of lister ~state info~ is probably just kept in memory for that specific lister - unlike the "global" toolbar state info which would need to persist somewhere so that Opus would know (for instance) what toolbars to flip on when launching a lister after a reboot... etc.

steje<< So right. With the use of a Macro program I was hoping to be ableto copy, over the top, only the necessary files thus giving the ability to control the toolbars used with each Lister.

1. Write needed files over the top.
  2. Open needed Lister.

This is just a shot in dark towards trying to accomplish select ToolBars & Lister.

Bob

Thanks Leo & Steje. My problem was LON-Lack of knowledge. I have been setting to long on my version of Opus and have decided to do a restart (Reinstall). Did you know that "Win+O' brings up a "New Lister"? Of coarse you did. But now you understand the reason for a fresh start.

Bob

steje - I think you're sort of hung for a way to hack your idea together. I say this assuming that to do what you want, the thing you'd need to work with would still be "local" toolbars as in the referenced thread...<<

I believe I have been using the term quote "Lister" want I should have been saying "Lister Layout". I'm trying to create a Lister layouts that will share very few details of other listers layouts. For example, I might have a Lister layout that has a toolbar listing all the directories that share the same project. Or I might have a toolbar that concentrates more on printing information, buttons. Whereas another Lister layout might have a toolbar that concentrates more on items that relate to searching.

Maybe a better way to describe what I'm trying to accomplish is that I want to develop Lister layouts that really more to projects. My problem is when I St. Louis or layout the items of the Lister layout saving of peer on all my other Lister layouts that have been saved in the past.

Actually, I believe I'm talking about something that was not available until version 11 or 12. It gave us the ability to organize our poster layouts as projects. So I believe.
Bob

Hmmm... I'm not sure what some of that meant Bob :slight_smile:... I don't think you're trying to St. Louis any layouts - lol.

From the history of this thread and some of the other comments above, I can tell you that Opus v11 did indeed bring the ability to save toolbars in a saved lister "Layout". So not sure what trouble you're having trying this out - unless you're still running Opus v10. If so, if you upgrade you'll be able to create "purpose built" listers. I have several... my main layout (My) which has my most often-used toolbars; a layout for working on Opus scripting projects (my_Scripting) which only has two toolbars I use for various script related things (test buttons, reference info, etc), and others that are set up for specific "projects".