How none has enquired about these three things

I'm really amazed to see how none has enquired about any of these 3 queries (OR may be i could not search properly :slight_smile: )

(1) I came across a PDF file but don't have time to 'READ-it-NOW' , also i've 3 folders in which i want to LOOK INSIDE THOROUGHLY but NOT-NOW
is there a feature to which i should look at, which can help me IN SETTING REMINDERS ON FILES / FOLDERS (may be by connecting to outlook through Dopus, if possible), which can set reminders either for specific date-time , or can remind me,
NEXT TIME WHEN I OPEN OPUS

(2) Is there a feature, in which i can see the 'created / updated / accessed' 'FILES and FOLDERS' in a 'CALENDAR VIEW', if i just want to see the TOUCHED files / folders for last month (with DIFFERENTIATION based on dates)

(3) In the directory-tree, we can change an option in preference -> which will enable OPUS to HIDE any folders which does not LEAD to the currently opened folder,
But still it shows many folder / files in-between the way which does not DIRECTLY lead to the current folder, is there a way to HIDE ANY FOLDER / FILE which DOES NOT DIRECTLY LEAD TO CURRENT FOLDER
In below example -> If my current folder is 'folder_1.3.3' -> the folders highlighted in RED color are ALSO present in the TREE, can we hide them.
Folder_1
Folder_1.1
Folder_1.2
Folder_1.3
Folder_1.3.1
Folder_1.3.2
Folder_1.3.3

The admins here will also often request that you ask one question per thread.

About your questions though:

[ol][li]Opus isn't a task scheduler or notification application - so I'm not as surprised as you are that nobody has asked for this. If there is some other reminder app you use or are aware of, it would likely be trivial to integrate it with Opus as long as it supports a command line interface of some kind to create new reminders. Come to think of it, you could also could create a file collection (Todo) and put files you want to come back to in it... you could then do a few things:

[ul][li]You could create a saved layout to open the 'Todo' collection, then set the Preferences / Launching Opus / Startup / Open a saved Lister layout option to load that layout.[/li]
[li]You could create a scheduled task using the built-in Windows Task Scheduler to run an Opus command to also open the 'Todo' file collection as the sort of reminder you wanted...[/li][/ul]
[/li]
[li]No... however, again - if you know of any calendaring app with a UI that you like with a command line interface that allows adding text to a calendar date, it can be integrated. Alternatively, you could also write something for the Opus double-click action (or possibly a script) that could add files/folders that you double click on to an Opus File Collection. You could set it up to create date based sub-collections to put the files and folders into. When you want to see what files and folders you accessed on a particular date - you could just go to that days folder in the collection and see what's in there. I recall there being some posts on the forum asking how to integrate Opus with various 'Recent' file/folder tracking applications. But on quick search, I couldn't find them again - and don't know that any of those apps had any sort of calendar view that might more closely match what you're looking for.

[/li]
[li]For me, the Preferences / Folder Tree / Options / Automatically expand to current folder / No content population option works the way you're asking...[/li][/ol]

If any of these option sound appealing enough to try and you need help setting it up, just shout back. Others may have other ideas of course...

Thanks a lot steje

Most imp things first, i'll take care of your first line of advice, before starting a new thread next time :slight_smile:

your third advice worked wonders, the only problem i'm facing is -> after changing this option -> i'm opening 3 tabs -> the effect is NOT applied to the tree for those 3 tabs -> then i close Opus and again open opus -> the effect IS applied to the tree for those 3 tabs NOW -> I open fourth and fifth tab -> the effect is NOT applied to 4th and 5th tab
Please share if it can also be solved

Your first and second advice are REALLY THE ONEs i'm after but i'm not that much comfortable with opus scripting yet,
(1) after creating a to-do file collection, HOW TO
create a scheduled task using the built-in Windows Task Scheduler to run an Opus command to also open the 'Todo' file collection as the sort of reminder you wanted...
can the same thing be done using 'outlook's reminder facility also (not sure, just asking)
(2) this seems to be the best solution as far as i've consulted many of my friends,
but how to implement it, is the problem with me, could you please help me with this

The BEST SOLUTION that i'm using right now is 'Nemo Docs' which can display the FILES (and not folders) in a calendar view,
please have a look at it if you don't use it at present, i could not leave it till now after using it once before long back -> www.nemo-docs.com/ (it is also free)
but i'm not able to think any way to integrate it with dopus

I'm not a very old user on Dopus forum, but as far as my experience goes, your advice i found best just after legendary Leo's advices / solutions :smiley:

[quote="gks"]Thanks a lot steje

Most imp things first, i'll take care of your first line of advice, before starting a new thread next time :slight_smile:

your third advice worked wonders, the only problem i'm facing is -> after changing this option -> i'm opening 3 tabs -> the effect is NOT applied to the tree for those 3 tabs -> then i close Opus and again open opus -> the effect IS applied to the tree for those 3 tabs NOW -> I open fourth and fifth tab -> the effect is NOT applied to 4th and 5th tab
Please share if it can also be solved[/quote]
I'd suggest you open a new thread about that :wink:... I don't see the same behavior here in a quick test. Probably has something to do with how you're opening the new tabs or something. Might e a bug or another conflicting setting or something.

quote="gks" after creating a to-do file collection, HOW TO
create a scheduled task using the built-in Windows Task Scheduler to run an Opus command to also open the 'Todo' file collection as the sort of reminder you wanted...
can the same thing be done using 'outlook's reminder facility also (not sure, just asking)[/quote]
Well, I'm not sure about Outlook. It has a command line switch to open the new task interface, but I don't see any built-in way to populate it's content - i.e the start/end dates, message content (where you'd want the filename/paths to appear I suppose) or the reminder interval... My suggestion of using Windows Task Scheduler was based on the fact that you can use it to actually run commands, so that when it runs - rather than just a reminder that ~describes what files you wanted to go back to look at, it loads the files in a lister that you can then just double-click on to open, or just close the lister. I'm not trying to convince you - just explaining my thought process, that this seemed more of a 'direct' reminder. If you want to try it - what sort of control do you want to have over when the task runs to open the Todo collection as the reminder?

quote="gks" this seems to be the best solution as far as i've consulted many of my friends,
but how to implement it, is the problem with me, could you please help me with this[/quote]
I'll spend some time looking at it and report back here...

[quote="gks"]The BEST SOLUTION that i'm using right now is 'Nemo Docs' which can display the FILES (and not folders) in a calendar view,
please have a look at it if you don't use it at present, i could not leave it till now after using it once before long back -> nemo-docs.com/ (it is also free)
but i'm not able to think any way to integrate it with dopus[/quote]
Well, after glancing at that app - it seems like it should do what you want all on it's own without any manual intervention. It seems like it is intended to track file access/modification and show it to you on the days when access/change took place. What else would you need to do? I couldn't tell if it had any sort of command line interface anyway...

Flattery will get you everything... :wink:, thanks.

Thanks steje,

first things first, it was appreciation that is why it was written in the end :slight_smile: , it was because of your clear thought PROCESS (and as we all know it is THE PROCESSES only which is governing the whole industry at this day)

say, we've 2 files (file1, file2) and 3 folders (f1, f2, f3) in to-do collection, it seems that the to-do collection will be opened in the lister IN ONE TAB (presenting all the 5 items inside it), or can we also specify to the windoes scheduler to open f2 and f3 in separate tabs and to open file1 also,
what command should be given to scheduler, as i've not been successful in writing opus command to give to schedular for this

as your suggestion talked about FILES AND FOLDERS both, but that calendar application actually DO NOT SHOW THE FOLDERS (it only shows the files) so . . . . (also it does not have a filter for "created OR modified OR accessed" in the calendar)

will wait for your solution, thanks again

@steje

Any views / help . . . . :slight_smile: