How to apply global settings for columns?

Hi!

Dopus is such a nice program, but i think things can still be improved. There is too much different settings, which override other settings. It would be nice if one could apply very global settings which never can be override anyhow.

Example: i would like to have this column like this

[quote="abr"]Hi!

Dopus is such a nice program, but i think things can still be improved. There is too much different settings, which override other settings.

It would be nice if one could apply very global settings which never can be override anyhow.

Example: i would like to have this column like this

i saved it as a lister, i saved it inside the folder options etc. but in another folder at another time it will keep on showing up like this:

[/quote]

So i have to fix this all the time, because i like to have it like in the upper image. Same thing with the automatic fitting of the columns: i just do not want this function, because it keeps messing up my layout (yeah, i know what the idea is about, but i prefer this to be turned off everywhere), i turn it off, but somehow, in another place, it will be activated again! :frowning:

I know, there are different approaches for the settings, but i would prefer to have 100% non overrideable settings for some functions to avoid this problems. Thank you for suggestions, maybe i simply overlooked something.

the upper posting was a mistake, i beg you to remove this part.

Another thing about the column settings, i maybe could not express, how i mean it. I would like to set the preferred sizes of the single columns, like name, size, type, changed, attribute, as well as "autosize" turned off in one chosen lister & have it applied Dopus-wide, so when i klick into subfolders it would be always the very same layout, on both sides.

I am using a WXGA screen now, so there is plenty of space in the width, only i donĀ“t get it, how the settings work. :S

thx!

As per the mighty Folder Formats FAQ, you can quickly apply your changes to all folders via the Save -> For All Folders option in the Folder Options dialog.

You can set column widths in Folder Options as well.

LOL... all praise the mighty FAQ!!! :laughing:

[quote="nudel"]As per the mighty Folder Formats FAQ, you can quickly apply your changes to all folders via the Save -> For All Folders option in the Folder Options dialog.

You can set column widths in Folder Options as well.[/quote]

hmm, thx. I thought i did that already ^^. When saving all folders, "replace all" should be the option, i guess. maybe i should read in that FAQ again, after a few months.