How to copy MD5 Checksum column?

Hi, all.

Adjusting the way the files are displayed in detail mode I put MD5 Checksum item. Now I wonder how to copy that big number from the column. Because I needed to use MD5 checksum I had to write down that 32 characters...

Is there an easy way to just copy them? File properties doesn't have that number.

Thx

Edit -> Copy Other -> MD5 Checksums

Thank you for your prompt reply.
But, what about Opus 9? I couln't find Copy Other under Edit menu.
Is your tip about Opus 10?

See here for the commands: Commands to copy selected filenames to the clipboard

Thank you. Good to know about the new features on Opus10.
But I use Opus9.

There is no Copy Other menu... :frowning:

Is there the same to Opus9? Where and/or how?

Thx

Yes, I can always make custom context menu. But the screens are different.

What the name of variable for MD5 checksums?

Thx

Nothing seems to be MD5 Checksums:

Thx

The commands are in the FAQ that I linked.

Most of the FAQ was actually written for Opus 9; it's just been updated since then to mention that most of the commands it gives you are already in the default Opus 10 menus. You'll find them if you scroll down slightly instead of giving up at the first screenshot. :slight_smile:

CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES=hash

:blush: :blush: :blush:
Sorry, Leo...
Very sorry.

I was so anxious to find that I became totally blind...

:wink:
Thx

:slight_smile:

By the way, you might find part of the 10.0.3.2 highlights video useful. At 7m54s in the video there is a section on MD5 and SHA-1 hashing.

Some of that section only applies to Opus 10 -- SHA-1 hashing in particular was not in Opus 9 -- but the general concepts, max-size setting, etc. all apply to Opus 9 as well, so it might be worth a quick watch. (The rest of the video before/after that section probably is not worth watching if you are using Opus 9, however.)

Great video - whose face shall I imagine as the narrator?

Feature suggestion. Would it be possible to have a Compare MD5/SHA1 w/Clipboard hash command? This would allow copying such a value from a download web page (which I do all the time), select the downloaded file, and run the Compare command for a result - no manual checking required.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

My face. :slight_smile:

It's possible, although I think it we went down that route we might want to add a full hash generation/testing/loading/saving UI, which is a bit of work.

There are a bunch of small, free, existing tools which do the job already and should integrate well with Opus, so I don't know if there's a lot of value we can add replicating them in Opus. It might be worth it, though. I haven't used many of the tools, except QuickSFV which I don't think has a clipboard-compare mode, so maybe none of them do a good job here?

I'll check out the tools. Currently I just use my existing command line tools for this, but thought there might be more integrated methods.

This is the face I'll now think of...

Very nice video, Leo!Learning too much!

ROTFL
:smiley:

Haha! Brilliant. :laughing:

I had a transparent-background version of this as my Windows busy cursor for a while (have to maintain the corporate identity on the desktop here at LeoFace Towers):

I've indicated my choice of tool in the posted thread. Thanks.

lol