How to hide certain files globally & permanently?

Hi!

i would like to hide certain files on all drives (some thumbnail files).
If i try this via the "filter" tab, this will work a while (maybe until nextdopus start), but won´t hide that files permanently & on the whole computer, although when applying "save -> all folders". Next time i can see those thumbs files again. But i must add, that i did not set the "h" attribute.

How can i exactly hide those files in the requested way? So that they would permanently stay hidden on all drives?

if you mean to hide the thumbs.db files.

or

you can use this

[quote="Kuntau"]

if you mean to hide the thumbs.db files.[/quote]

Well, this is checked already, but this may only apply to system files.

I rather mean to be able to hide any filetypes, if necessary. In this case i meant some files generated by an other grafics program, which i wish to be hidden all the time, since there is no practical use of showing them.

If i use the filter like in your second picture, it will happen like i said in the original post. They won´t stay hidden, even if i use the "save for all folders" option.

Sounds like you need to spend some time reading this faq: [Folder Formats: Quick Guide)

Hi, there seems to be one problem, this sounds like brute force, when disabling the whole content file detection, which i find quite practical. It would be nice, regardless what specific options are set, to hide certain files, some sort of "global" option, overriding all other settings.

Read the entire link - it's not just about content detection.

You can easily setup a folder format for your hdd starting in the root folder which affects the display of all subfolders.

Of course, if you do use content detection you will also need to set the filter in the different content formats too.

Like, I said, read the link and gain an understanding of folder formats and content formats - then you will be in a position to configure the display exactly as you wish.

[quote="tanis"]Read the entire link - it's not just about content detection.

You can easily setup a folder format for your hdd starting in the root folder which affects the display of all subfolders.

Of course, if you do use content detection you will also need to set the filter in the different content formats too.

Like, I said, read the link and gain an understanding of folder formats and content formats - then you will be in a position to configure the display exactly as you wish.[/quote]

ok, seen, i didn´t mean to be lazy :smiley:
If it can be done without disabling lots of other functions i will work through the whole FAQ & learn it, because i will have to learn it anyway. I´m quite sure that after using Dopus a few more months, i will know the most important tricks & later i can check the smaller details. thx!