Image Viewer ALWAYS scrolls in file name order

I need the built in image viewer (in full screen OR windowed mode) to ALWAYS go in the order I have the thumbnails selected in. The problem is it wont'! It ALWAYS goes in file name order. This is awful as I usually just want to scroll through the last so many images I've worked on - so I have the thumbnails sorted by Date Modified. is there anyway to force the DBViewer to respect this?

Well, in a quick test i canĀ“t reproduce it (unless i got you wrong); if i sort by size, then turn on the viewer, it goes through the list in exactly that order.

Well damn....I can't get it to do ANYTHING but Filename order

How are you launching the viewer?

Double click from within Dopus

Is Preferences / File Operations / Double-click on Files / Use internal picture viewer for... turned on?

If not, try turning it on and see if that makes things as you want them to be.

Fixed! Thanks Leo! It was selected but only "unregistered image file types"....I changed that to ALL and it started working right.

I have a similar issue but I was too lazy for weeks to create my own thread :stuck_out_tongue:

But in my case, there is no problem if I am opening an image with double click. The problem appears only when I am using this button Show LISTSIBLINGS
It seems it has something to do with this setting as there is not any problem when viewing multiple selected files

DOpus doesn't use the file order I set in the lister and it always uses file name.

Here a video showing my issue

Don't use Show LISTSIBLINGS just use Show on its own.

The LISTSIBLINGS argument is intended for when the command is launched from outside of Opus and makes it ignore whatever is in the lister and generate the list of files from the directory listing instead. It's exactly what you don't want if you are launching the command from a lister. :slight_smile:

Wasn't it opening the pictures in some other viewer (NOT the Opus internal viewer) then, withOUT that set to ALL...?

If you've used the Open With menu (or filetypes or whatever) to associate the Opus viewer with the files then the Opus viewer will still be used in Opus, even if that option is off.

In that situation, the difference between having the option on & off is on how the filenames are passed to the viewer. If the option is off then they're passed to it like Opus and the viewer are two separate programs that don't know about each other. If it's on, special stuff happens and the list of files is passed more directly (keeping the order etc.).

(The Show command's LISTSIBLINGS argument causes a similar difference.)

[quote="steje"]
Wasn't it opening the pictures in some other viewer (NOT the Opus internal viewer) then, withOUT that set to ALL...?[/quote]

No, it was opening images in DBViewer. I had associated all images wiht DBViewer via Windows.

[quote="leo"]Don't use Show LISTSIBLINGS just use Show on its own.[/quote]But if I do that, the image viewer will display only the file I selected which is worst.
I don't understand why there is a difference between:
-using a button to display the images displayed in one directory just selecting one of them
-double click on one image which will allow to display all the image in the directory
in the first case, DOpus will never consider the files order I set.

The reason why I don't use the double click is because I set this command to left double click as Windows Photo Viewer is color managed contrary to DOpus (and also because DOpus will not only try to display images in a directory but also pdf)
%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Photo Viewer\PhotoViewer.dll", ImageView_Fullscreen %1

So it seems it is not possible to create a simple button which has exactly the same behavior as the double click. Not a big deal as Show LISTSIBLINGS almost works perfectly but I just don't understand why the generated list of files is different than using the double click.

Anyway, I am amazed how fast you are implementing requested features as the latest beta fixed two of my issue, that's crazy. I would like to thank you for that. :smiley:

[quote="kakartha"]I don't understand why there is a difference between:
-using a button to display the images displayed in one directory just selecting one of them
-double click on one image which will allow to display all the image in the directory
in the first case, DOpus will never consider the files order I set.[/quote]

When the image viewer option is set to handle double-clicks, double-click (or the enter key) does something special which isn't available as a command right now. I guess we could add it as a command. (It's the first time anyone has asked for it AFAIK, but it makes sense.)

There's Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced: use_color_management, although what that really does (right now at least) is convert the image into sRGB, so it's only really correct if your monitor is also calibrated to sRGB. Also, it's only implemented for JPEG at the time of writing.

(The RAW plugin also has separate color management settings, FWIW.)

The standalone viewer window will not include PDF files in its next/prev file list. You'd only normally see PDF files in the preview panel if it was open and a PDF file was selected. You'd never see a PDF file in the standalone viewer window unless you explicitly ran the Show command on a PDF.

[quote="leo"]When the image viewer option is set to handle double-clicks, double-click (or the enter key) does something special which isn't available as a command right now. I guess we could add it as a command. (It's the first time anyone has asked for it AFAIK, but it makes sense.)[/quote]Ok, that's what I thought.

[quote="leo"]There's Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced: use_color_management, although what that really does (right now at least) is convert the image into sRGB, so it's only really correct if your monitor is also calibrated to sRGB. Also, it's only implemented for JPEG at the time of writing.[/quote]Yes, I have activated it long time ago but it seems to do nothing. I mean, this image uses an Adobe RGB color profile so it should be converted in sRGB, isn't it? But Dopus displays it exactly like this one which uses an sRGB profile (=no correction). Am I missing something or maybe I did not understand what you meant.
Internet Explorer 9 works exactly the way you described (partial color management which considers sRGB profile as monitor profile) and the result in IE9 is different when I am displaying the two images.

[quote="leo"]The standalone viewer window will not include PDF files in its next/prev file list. You'd only normally see PDF files in the preview panel if it was open and a PDF file was selected. You'd never see a PDF file in the standalone viewer window unless you explicitly ran the Show command on a PDF.[/quote]I tried again to double click on one image in a folder where there is a pdf file and the standalone viewer always displays this pdf when I am scrolling the images with the mouse wheel. Is there a reason why the next/prev list includes such file?

I looked into the color management setting, and it turns out it is only applied to CMYK JPEGs. I think it was implemented as a very quick change to address quite a specific request that someone made. I've put in an update to the documentation so that this is at least made a bit clearer, and I'll also add a to-do item to look at extending support to RGB JPEGs.

PDF files don't appear in the next/prev lists for me, but they might if you have installed a viewer plugin which tells Opus to treat PDF files as images. The Universal Graphics Viewer Plugin might do that (I am not sure), so try disabling that if you have it installed.

[quote="leo"]I looked into the color management setting, and it turns out it is only applied to CMYK JPEGs. I think it was implemented as a very quick change to address quite a specific request that someone made. I've put in an update to the documentation so that this is at least made a bit clearer, and I'll also add a to-do item to look at extending support to RGB JPEGs.[/quote]Thanks for enlightenment.
Just a quick feedback -> Even if it will be great to have a fully color managed image viewer for jpeg (at least), I am satisfied actually as I can choose DOpus or Windows Photo Viewer depending on my needs. I admit I use most of the time DOpus viewer and I switch to Windows Photo Viewer only when I need color accuracy. I mean, it is important also to display images using monitor/image native RGB value instead of real colors.

[quote="leo"]PDF files don't appear in the next/prev lists for me, but they might if you have installed a viewer plugin which tells Opus to treat PDF files as images. The Universal Graphics Viewer Plugin might do that (I am not sure), so try disabling that if you have it installed.[/quote]Many thanks for that, I forgot I installed this plugin and it was the responsible. I can use now the DOpus image viewer as my default viewer :slight_smile: