Installing V9 Manual

How do I get the v9 manual to open when I use the help/manual menu. At present, it opens the website download page in a browser.

I have put the pdf file in the program folder where the v8 manual resides.

I don't actually have a 'Manual' entry on my opus Help menu, so not sure if you've done (or not done) something differently to me, or if you see this entry because it's from an upgraded v8 Menu entry...

Either way, easy fix is to go into Customize mode, then just drag the current v9.1 manual pdf file to the Help menu.

The default Help menu with Opus 9 doesn't seem to link to the PDF manual at all anymore. The "Help" option just runs the "Help" command which displays the HTMLHelp manual which is always installed with Opus. (IMO it's much better for reading on the screen than the PDF manual, too.)

Sounds like, as Steje suggests, you're using an upgraded Opus 8 config which has the "Help MANUAL" command. That seems to be deprecated now (the "MANUAL" argument is hidden in Opus 9) and opens a web browser showing the documents download page for me as well.

If you edit your menu item and change it to "Help" instead of "Help MANUAL" then you'll get the HTMLHelp manual. Or create a shortcut to the PDF as Steje suggests, if you prefer the PDF version.

Thank you both very much - dragging the pdf file to the menu does exactly what I wanted

[quote="mfergo"]Thank you both very much - dragging the pdf file to the menu does exactly what I wanted[/quote]Me too. Thanks Steje.

No, the system changed with Opus 9.

The Manual IS the help file - the Help file IS the Manual. That's how it's done. The PDF is just for people if they want it as a manual as a complete PDF for printing etc, and there's also an online version via the web site.

Quote "Don't use Old Opus 8 toolbars with Opus 9. They are not guaranteed to work. That's why we remove/rename them on an upgrade"

[quote="greg"]No, the system changed with Opus 9.

The Manual IS the help file - the Help file IS the Manual....[/quote]Hello Greg...

I had not realised that. Great idea. I've been laboriously digging out the PDF file, thinking it was the ultimate reference, whenever I wanted to look something up. No more. Thanks.