Integrity check failure

Oh dear!
I've been fiddling with my DO 10 'Light' over the last couple of days and have finally opened up some of its secrets but nothing too intricate, just how to use background images to listers and how to create buttons and toolbars. I also added it to my startup having elected not to do so when I first purchased it three years ago.

However ...
Since yesterday afternoon it keeps closing down and throwing up this message

If I then click the 'Download' button it takes me to a download section for Opus 11, not Opus 10 'Light'.

Can anyone please tell me how to work around this?

Re-running the installer is what I would try first.

You can get the Opus 10 installer (which works for both Pro and Light) via the page you were on. There's a link to download older versions on that page.

Silly question really, but should I UNINSTALL my previous version first, or just re-run the installer over the top?
I'm not very tecchie as you might have guessed ...

Installing over the top is usually enough.

Note that if you uninstall, it will wipe your config, so you may want to back it up first.

OK, thanks.
I've just done what you suggest - I'll give it half an hour and see if it decides to close itself down again. :frowning:

Failed. :frowning:
However ... I've just discovered that I seem to be infected. :frowning: :frowning:
This has just started appearing when I use my GoDaddy web-designer.

And I have no idea what to do now.

That may or may not be related to what you're seeing with Opus. If Avast blocked it or if it wasn't actually run then your system may be OK, but I can't advise on that; you'd have to ask Avast.

Regarding Opus, you can check if the installer or exe/dll files are corrupted, which would be my next step.

You may also want to try the full uninstall/reinstall:
[ul][li]Backup your config first[/li]
[li]Uninstall via the usual place for your version of Windows (look for "GPSoftware Directory Opus" in the list of programs).[/li]
[li]Reboot when prompted at the end.[/li]
[li]After rebooting, make sure no C:\Program Files\GPSoftware directory remains, and delete anything left over if it is still there. There should not be anything left after the reboot, unless there are files you've put in the folder yourself; if there are any, they should be removed.[/li]
[li]Then run the installer, install your licence/certificate, and finally (optionally) reinstall your config.[/li][/ul]

You can use Lost Registration Retrieval to get your certificate file. You may want to do that to ensure you are using the correct and latest version of your certificate, and not an old or expired evaluation cert.

Right, Leo.
Done a complete re-install having checked the files that you suggested (their digital signatures were fine).
Been running about 1/2 an hour now and no problems.

Incidentally, the Avast warning has stopped appearing as I open my GoDaddy site so maybe it was a temporary issue that I had?
Time will no doubt tell.
:thumbsup: